Finest Posts - February 2014 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Happy Valentines Friends!!!! bie1

Your FP Team!

4 people like this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamla and Cheeniya sir,

I would like to nominate this thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/247782-will-you-able-play-role.html#post3156400 by jasmine25 for finest contribution.

On the occasion of Valentine's day, she seems to have brought our fellow ILites to a screeching halt with a "BIIIIIG NOOOOOO" as some of them have put it, when they pause and reflect on the wonderful traits that they see in their other halves. The number of times the word patience has come into play (so far) is quite interesting and personally very fascinating to me. What better way to acknowledge the love we have for our spouses than to pause and look at that one or okay more, incredible quality/ies they possess! I think jasmine is succeeding in bringing out the best of that so far.

3 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Srama dear I also second you but I have finished my nominations as always before the end of the month

2 people like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I am happy to do that nomination on your behalf also aunty :) and you always acknowledge! I am enjoying reading that post!

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thanks Sabita dear you have made my day by saying that, ya it was interesting to read the replies and to see most of them have said no including me. Happy Valentine's day to you

1 person likes this.
  6. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

:eek:mg: It indeed is a shocking surprise dear Srama..Thank you so much for the nomination..As I sat back thinking about my Valentine DH this question splashed in my mind and I honestly had an answer as NO and how difficult to play his role..If I were to be in his shoes I would have scratched my head and messed up things..Never could demonstrate his Management Skills especially at day to day living...This provoked me to create a thread on the same and eager to hear from our ladies..

2 people like this.
  7. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir and Kamla ma'am,

Happy Valentines' Day to you !

The power of the right word at the right time has been already been exemplified in RGS's post,a gem(or should I say ,a 'pebble') of a post,which has ,of course been nominated and appreciated by all !Today I'm here to bring to your attention to another post which plays so beautifully with words.Many would have written about water,the source of life,but few would have expressed it so -

Superwoman09's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/247683-sparkling.html.

Best,
    Racr

1 person likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srama
    Thank you for nominating jasmine25's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/247782-will-you-able-play-role.html#post3156400

This is the first time after I became a part of FP team that I really do not know what to write here! I never knew that the wives of the world collectively hold their husbands in such high esteem that they feel, collectively again, that they can hardly step into their large shoes! A revelation indeed!

When I was a kid, I lived in a ten-family colony. All the ladies would assemble in the center courtyard for a hearty chat on various subjects ranging from how each family fended off the trade creditors without getting their ongoing supplies affected to amorous overtures of a couple of notorious men. One strong sentiment that every lady seemed to share was how useless her husband was!

Coming from such a background, I feel elated that men's stock has really rocketed skywards in these five or six decades! Good, good, good! (Cheeniya rubbing his hands in glee!)
    sri

3 people like this.
  9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear racr
    Superwoman09's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/247683-sparkling.html is a lovely nomination.
    Superwoman has indeed justified her ID with this Snippet of hers. Water is of course a subject that can create myriad feelings depending on when and from where it comes. A traveller in Sahara beholding an oasis will react ecstatically as compared to someone who has plenty of it. Water falling from a municipal tap can hardly be as impressive as water falling from the sky as raindrops.

But the poetry in Superwoman's Snippet arises out of the fusion of sunlight and water drops. When I read it, I could form a strong visual of this fusion in my mind. When we understand that the Sun is primarily responsible for all the water, the sparkle that the water gives out in sunlight can be seen as a kind of expression of gratitude. And when the show of gratitude is in full flow, it is no wonder we feel all this joy in our heart.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  10. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the nomination msm. I am so glad you liked my post :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.