Finest Posts - December 2016 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Viswamitra, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

According to Wikipedia, December is the twelfth and last month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian Calendars. It is the seventh and last month to have the length of 31 days.December got its name from the Latin word decem (meaning ten) because it was originally the tenth month of the year in the Roman Calendar, which began in March. The winter days following December were not included as part of any month. Later, the months of January and February were created out of the monthless period and added to the beginning of the calendar, but December retained its name.

In India, December is a very special month in which Hornbill Festival is celebrated.
    Called the "Festival of Festivals", the Hornbill Festival is an annual celebration at Naga Heritage Village, Kisama near Kohima. The festival is a mélange of the many tribes of Nagaland and a celebration of their rich culture. The festival is an extravaganza of the local traditions as well as art, food, sports and music. Photo frenzy travelers will have to catch up with the dances, performances, parades, games, and ceremonies that go on till the evenings. The Hornbill Festival is indeed a window to Nagaland.

The Rann Utsav or the Kutch Mahotsav is a celebration in the white sandy deserts of Kutch. During the Rann utsav tents are set up in the desert for the tourists, and the Goverment facilitates tourists the opportunity to experience the local culture, cuisine and hospitality. The festival is a colorful spectacle on the white desert highlighting the vibrancy of the Kutch region's culture and heritage. The days are filled with folk dances and music, adventure sports, handicrafts, food stalls, and excursions to surrounding places. On full moon night during Rann Utsav, the region looks even more beautiful.

Here in the Western world, most of the households have already started decorating the houses with colorful lights hanging from the roofs to celebrate the most awaited festival of Christmas. Soon, we will have the decorative vehicle with children singing Christmas carols in our sub-divisions. Most adults started beating their chest that they finished their Christmas shopping earlier utilizing great deals offered by the retailers while others complain that they are yet to start Christmas shopping. The children are anxiously looking for what mysterious Surprise gifts Santa was going to bring to them for the Christmas. The Christmas Trees are already in place in most households already. People living up North are hoping for a delightful White Christmas. Pastors are getting ready for delivering their Bible reading and lecture for the Midnight Mass on the occasion of Christmas Eve.

I wish the ILites a wonderful Christmas in advance. While you are busy figuring out the deals with the retailers, kindly spend sometime finding the best of the threads and bring them to the FP section. Without your support and help, FP section won't be able to showcase the best of the threads written in IL. Please dig deep into various sections of the IL to find the best. Please remember that it is your nomination that brings the best out of the writers here and encourage them to write more and more. Particularly, the young and new writers are welcome and you might have already noticed that the stalwarts in IL are anxiously waiting to encourage the new writers.

With this long write up, FP section welcomes the nominations for the month of December 2016.

Viswa

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'd like to nominate this post: What Got You Here Won't Get You There - Introduction

@buddingleader said: "I can’t watch the stupid football match just to make our marriage successful. " I suddenly remembered watching one football match for precisely that reason.

For more and a remarkably simple solution, read the nominated post.

3. Viswamitra

@Rihana,

Thank you for nominating the post of @buddingleader's What Got You Here Won't Get You There - Introduction. She narrated the main theme of the book in a simple sentence for everyone to understand. This kind of contributions are invaluable not only for newly wed but also for those who are married for a long period of time. Sometimes, a new approach brings amazing changes to life.

Viswa

maggi32 and Rihana like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Dear Friends,

We are very close to mid December and there is only one nomination from @Rihana so far. As I mentioned repetitively, it is your contribution through nomination process that makes the FP section fascinating. Please don't wait until the end of the month to nominate the quota. It is best if you can keep nominating as and when you read good threads. Your encouragement not only makes the writers to contribute more but also helps them to participate actively in IL.

If you like the thread you read and if you like that thread to be read by more ILites, the best way to make it happen is to nominate that thread. Holidays are fast approaching and please nominate as many as you could before you take a big break.

I look forward to responding to your nominations. :)

Viswa

maggi32 and satchitananda like this.
  5. Itsmylife143

Itsmylife143 Platinum IL'ite

maggi32 likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

@Itsmylife143,

Yes, you can nominate a doodle post. I am anxious now to read your nomination. :)

Viswa

maggi32 likes this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Respected @Viswamitra sir, I would like to nominate @periamma's Missed Opportunities.

Though she mentioned about missed opportunities she is still open to pursuing new opportunities. Age is never a limitation. I loved all the encouraging responses too!

manjukps, Amica, Sparkle and 6 others like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Dear @jskls,

Thank you for nominating Periamma's post Missed Opportunities. What a lovely snippet this is! All of us have missed some opportunities one way or another but how we respond to such missed opportunities is what makes the difference. I will definitely respond to this post with my thoughts.

Viswa

Itsmylife143, maggi32 and jskls like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

maggi32 and Itsmylife143 like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Dear Vijiakka,

Thank you for your nomination of @rajkiranvarenya's What To Expect From A Mother?. It takes a lot of courage for women to speak about it openly which in my view is the right thing to do. In my view, violation of trust is the biggest sin committed by anyone. The child finds comfort in the arms of the parents thinking world of them and that should never be violated.

I will give my detailed response in the thread itself.

Viswa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.