Finest Posts - December 2012 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

2 people like this.
  2. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

And I would like to nominate one person (vs a thread) for the best contribution category. Not sure if this is allowed.

Her name is yashikushi and her threads like http://www.indusladies.com/forums/paintings/194965-indian-painting-styles-kalamkari-paintings.html and http://www.indusladies.com/forums/paintings/180584-indian-painting-styles-index.html are just wonderful and very informative.

Any person interested in art has to just check her threads and they will find the information that they are looking for.

She deserves :clap for her help.
    Thanks,
    Anita.

1 person likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anita
    Thank you for nominating smritisinha's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...is-freaking-fast-costly-life.html#post2570383
    This is an outstanding piece of writing that brings out the rueful nature of smriti most effectively. The beauty of this thread is that the ruing makes us understand what we miss in the name of progress. Several people have lamented in the past about how the values of yore have been replaced by the shallow pursuit of materialism. But smriti brings out the essence of all the lamentation through her few lines of touching examples. I cannot but help ruing myself about the price that people pay in their pursuit of El Dorado. Is not the story of Midas getting repeated all over again?
    Sri

3 people like this.
  4. Cheeniya

My dear Anita
    Your fourth nomination of yashikushi's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/paintings/194965-indian-painting-styles-kalamkari-paintings.html is the crowning glory of all your nominations this month. I am not an art buff but I certainly have an eye for beauty. Paintings have never been my forte though I did try my hand at it when I was young and I drew lavish appreciation from (who else?) my dear mother for my paintings. My best painting till date is that of a cat made up twp zeros, one larger and a smaller one on top of that. The smaller circle would have three tiny circles arranged as an inverted ஃ for eyes and nose, three horizontal lines on either side of the smaller circle for whiskers!

I may be a novice in paintings but I can appreciate hard work and what yashikushi has done is amazing. It looks like a mini encyclopedia of Kalamkari Paitings and the extent of trouble she has taken to explore it truly deserves a nomination!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  5. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anita,

Going by your posts, I knew you were talented and now I know you are equally smart! A smart move to bring your favorite post here and Not Nominate it! :) I do not grudge you though, it was indeed a worthy read, RGS always is!!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  7. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

2 people like this.
  8. Cheeniya

My dear Pallavi
    You are lucky that Anita had exhausted her four nominations before setting her eyes on RGS' http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/200287-unforgettable.html#top or you would be here only seconding her nomination! I am amazed that RGS is becoming a crowd puller, not just a crowd puller but a quality crowd to boot! He is like the old 'Imprint' magazine of the '60s which was positioned as the magazine of the intellectuals. It used to be a kind of status symbol and people enhanced their scholarly image by simply walking around with it in their hands, people including yours faithfully.

The beauty of this thread is that it looks prima facie like a running commentary on a neighbourhood sports event that tends to give us nostalgic memories of Maharajkumar of Vizianagaram, Vizzy in short. Ok, Kamla's nostalgia goes back only up to Lagaan, she being much younger and Vizzy should be Mohenjodaro for her! But a deeper look at the thread gives us a valuable perspective about life itself. What causes a man to lose when he is already one foot into the glorious portals of success? You want the answer in prose or verse? RGS has both!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  9. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Arasiyala ithu vellam sagajampa :mrgreen: (all is fair in politics ;-))

1 person likes this.
  10. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi....Thanks for nominating my post - If I tell this to my mom her reply would be "Behind every successful woman there is an over enthusiastic mom"....I hope things are okay with you, you are in my thoughts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.