Finest Posts - December 2008 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by SoaringSpirit, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mods,
    Can responses by several members to a thread be nominated??
    I'm not sure about the rules , but I just had to go ahead and make a nomination of a different kind.
    The thread under the Forum - General Discussions was begun by Swapna15
    titled Islamic Terrorism and Public Opinion and the responses to this are just awesome.
    Islamic Terrorism and Public Opinion

I just wanted to bring to the notice of those who may have missed the debate that was carried on by ........DesertRose,Ansuya,humerarouf,tikka,vmur,desiprincess,SharadaSuresh,Malyatha
    and a few other enthusiastic members.
    The points they put forth were astounding and opened new avenues for arriving at conclusions.It was reminiscent of the program on STAR TV 'THE BIG FIGHT'.
    A very intellectual , researched and balanced series of posts were presented by all
    as a spin off from the original thread by Swapna15.As the topic was a sensitive one there were a few fireworks now and then ....but very illuminating and enlightening on the whole:thumbsup

Perhaps this is not the done thing ...but I just had to ....my apologies if it is not approved!

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aishu,

Looks like there are many of us who seem to have fallen for the yogic poses, if not the murukkus of Balambal Patti!
    Thank you for this yummy nomination...aaah..those hand made murukkus!

L, Kamla

[

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Oviya,

Your nominations of Kamalji's posts are very welcome and highly deserving.
    Kamalji is our own Kushwant Singh alright, you have put it very aptly and I more than agree with you.
    I love the audacity of Kamalji in some of his posts, his sense of humor and naughty humor and just when we are laughing and shaking our heads, he will surprise us with serious and thought provoking topics. A writer of a vast range.
    You seem to have gone for his serious posts, like he himself points out.
    Both http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/25404-my-old-age.html#post293184 and http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...on/41960-balraj-where-are-you.html#post486677 touch you and make you think and very well written indeed.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear Vidya...

There you go again. If Vidya writes, she overwhelms...is my opinion!
    And I guess I am not alone with these thoughts:)

How do you do it Vidya? When you write, it just flows and the way the words are strung together and result in a garland of thoughts is something unique to you. There are many excellent writers in our dear IL and you sure belong to that elite group and hover somewhere at the top of the list:)

This time round, not only your words, but the nominations of Vmur's two posts and Malspie's two threads are also overwhelmingly impressive.

Though a bit late, I too caught up with Malspie's enquiries about fbs and the thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/community-chit-chat/11473-i-cant-understand-why-so.html#post120277 really inspires ILites to change their silent participation into a more inter-active one in her thread .But thanks to your nominations, I got to read http://www.indusladies.com/forums/weekly-quick-poll/40469-do-you-like-wear-anklets.html#post469473 from Malspie and other ILites.

If not for your nomination, I would not have read Vmur's detailed account of http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...ertility-how-overcome-achieve.html#post467420, both parts one and two.
    She surely has done a wonderful job giving examples from her first hand experiences so as to help others and that needs a generous nature and heart.

L, Kamla

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Paulina,

Thanks for nominating the 'Whole Thread' and the participants in that thread for the FP nomination.
    It is now a 'Paulina Trademark' to word posts excellently.
    I admit that I was not aware of this thread till you mentioned it here.:hide:
    I thought of reading http://www.indusladies.com/forums/g...982-islamic-terrorism-and-public-opinion.html before replying to you here, but saw the length and the strength of that thread and it cannot be just flitted through. I shall spend some time to go over that thread in detail if only to inform myself about the state our world is in when faced with terror attacks and how it is affecting all of us. Just glancing through those pages was exciting enough and I am sure, like you, I shall come out as a much informed and enlightened person after going through it...only I hope not a sadder person....
    Thank you for nominating.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  6. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mods,
    I would like to nominate a profound thread by Padma Srinivas named Chakravyuha

Its worth reading and re reading 1000 times.

Well done Padma!

7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

8. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

I humbly nominate Oviya's
    On 'The Ala-din Lamps'!

What a title! what a writing! one cant go w/out finishing the whole post.

Excellent. I leant the art of writing from her.

Andal

9. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

10. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Thanks so much, Andal...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.