Finest Posts - December 2008 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by SoaringSpirit, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

Dear Oviya,
    My God! Being a great writer yourself and complimenting this newcomer! I feel great!
    Thanks Oviya .
    warm regards,
    Nilaa

2. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamla ma'am,
    Happy that you liked my post and thanks a lot for that compliment ma'am.Very encouraging!
    warn regards,
    Nilaa

3. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mods,
    Heres nominating Nilaa's beautiful narration about her paati making murukku.
    Balambal Paati's Kai Murukku

Her flow of the scene was simply superb!Made the reader feel that they were present to see that mega event!

6. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Mods,

I would like to nominate our flamboyant writer, Kamalji's 2 threads...

1. http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/25404-my-old-age.html

This is a beautifully written, typically masculine, matter-of-fact account.
    It is sanity all the way and a bit of Kushwant Singh. My excuse for failing to nominate this when it was written in Apr 2008 is: I was new to IL and was not sure what to do here. (A rather long euphemism for docility)

I am making amends now. In fact, one could nominate any of Kamalji's threads. He has been such a treasure in IL. But this one definitely stands out.

2. http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/41960-balraj-where-are-you.html

In this thread Kamalji discusses the question which is on every one's mind after Nov 26. He brings to attention the dichotomous lives of politicians. Justifiable and dignified anger concealed in reason.

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamla and SS,

It is always a pleasure to follow the fine work that the two of you do in this finest forum of IL.

And it gives me great pleasure to nominate four brilliant posts by two ladies who epitomise all the generous and noble qualities of an ILite.

Vmur (Vidya) has been posting a series of informative articles on assisted reproduction, on a specific request from Induslady. Vmur has been making her articles most user friendly- using the right, and right amount of technical terms. Her style is balanced, she uses a tone that neither preaches nor lectures, rather it is one that gently tell a sister about the 'works'. Great work by Vmur, one that should be read by all ILites.

Below are the links in fertile, fecund green!

Challenges of Fertility and how to overcome to achieve parenthood-Part 2

Challenges of Fertility and how to overcome to achieve parenthood-Part 3

Malspie speaks and speaks with conviction. Her thread on 'Serial Bomb Blasts and Firing in Bombay' has touched the core of IL. However, there are two other threads by Malspie that have also sparked off much participation and positive discussion in IL.

Do you like to wear Anklets (Payal)?

A giggly, girlish question that invokes 'tinkles' in every girls heart and feet! A question that applies to all women transcending the age and stage barrier. One that connects the women in the IL community, bringing out past days on jiggling light feet, present days of modern trinklets and a general sense of feminine celebration!

The next thread by Malspie is one that has run a positive, brainstorming and introspective course since 31st August, 2007 to November 30, 2008 (as this is being posted).

I Can't understand, Why is it so - many viewers and less replies for the threads?

Such a sensitive and possibly explosive topic needs much balance, objectivity and grace when it is being thrashed in the open forum. The topic can be rabble rousing,degenerating into a thread that spews spite. Or in a happy contrary note, it can be a thread of analysis and judgement as Malspie's thread is. Different members have posted conflicting views. Malspie takes ownership of the thread, plays a central unifying role, ageeing, disagreeing and agreeing to diagree. A thread that shows the cohesive strength of IL, one that bonds IL more than ever, inducing more participation.

Way to go, Vmur, Malspie, SS and Kamla!

regards
    Vidya

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ovivya,

What can i say, jsut that i am touched by yr nominations, thank u so much.

Both these blogs are unlike mine, no humour in them at all, and u happened to nominated these two eh !Well sometimes there are serious things on the mind, even a joker has his moments of introspection.Big Laugh

thank u so much , and to all I lites who have given me so much love and affection.

Thank u.REgards.kamal

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vahee,

You might have noted that you are in a very good company here nominating Malspie's thread on the recent Mumbai attacks.
    The thread was most impressive and Malspie's efforts will be remembered in the annals of IL.

L, Kamla

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vahee,

Thanks for enriching the FP nominations by bringing the purest of gems here. I have just finished reading Oviya's account on her Ala-Din and am still swaying through a romantic and yet a literal world!...Literal..is there such a thing?!:))

L, Kamla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.