Finest Posts - August 2008 Winner!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by SoaringSpirit, Sep 1, 2008.

1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,

“O brother, where art thou?” is the title of a popular English movie that released in the year 2000. It is also an emotion our winning post for the month of August evoked in most of us! Yes, you guessed it right! –

The winner for the FP of the month of August is -

Mindian (lovingly called Mindi by all of us) for her contribution -

My Brother and I...

Have a look at the gift here
    Heartiest Congratulations Mindi on penning such a warm and straight from the heart piece!

Mindi’s lovely post about her beautiful relationship with her brother simply touched the heart! It was so brimming with love for her brother that one could not help but go back in the annals of time reminiscing about their own childhood and remembering all those wonderful afternoons spent with our own brother or sister.

To me, the highlight for her post was the simple, unassuming and extremely endearing writing. Her writing made us want to love our own brothers and sisters so much more!

The month of August marked the beginning of the festival season in India, and, Rakhi or Raksha Bandhan being the festival of the month of August, Mindi’s post seemed to come just at the perfect time. It fully captured the essence of the festival and much more.

Dear Kamalji, congratulations to you for first spotting and nominating this gem!

So Mindi, hearty congratulations once again and wish you and your brother a lifetime of love and affection for each other. May you both always continue to be the sweet and caring sibling for each other like you have been so far.

Luv,
    SS - for the FP team.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Wow SS,

So fast. Way to go buddy. and your annoucement style deserves a :cheers

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Mindi dear,

Congrats on winning.

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi,
    CONGRATSSSSSSS!!!!! You Rock dear!:thumbsup

5. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear mindian,My hearty congratulations on winning the finest post of the month of August.My heart is filled with joy,my dear.Your post "My brother and I "deserve this award.
    I wish you many more such successes .
    love
    mithila kannan

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Oh My Dear Mindi,

How Excitied I am to know that you are the WINNER!

Common, yaar, you are one of my buddy and when buddy rocks, her friend also rocks!

CONGRATULATIONS! :cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

A great news to celebrate the coming festival.

May Lord Ganesha be with you and bless you with more laurels.

Bye Sweetheart!

7. mithila kannan

My dear SS,
    You have done a splendid job and your announcement of the winner was simply superb.My hearty congratulations to you and your team.
    love
    mithila kannan

8. mithila kannan

Dear kamalji,
    Congratulations.You were the first one to recognise a gem of a post by mindian as the finest post.
    love
    mithila kannan

9. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

My dear friends,

The month of August marked quite a few changes in IL in context with the FP contest. It brought about a few changes to the rules of nominating the posts. It brought about a change in the FP team with me joining our favorite Kamla. We flagged off a separate contest for the FP of the month for the blogs.

None of these changes slowed down (and thankfully so!) the enthusiasm with which gems were nominated for the FP. As a member of the FP team, I am indebted to you, my members here, for being such voracious readers, for spotting the gems and for whole-heartedly bringing them to the FP!

The FP contest (both for the posts and blogs) not just showcases the abundant and remarkable talent that IL has in terms of writers, but, it is also showcases the enthusiasm of all of the members, the bonhomie of our members and the camaraderie we share with each other. And with every FP contest, this feeling of camaraderie, this feeling of ownership and this feeling of belongingness only seems to grow by leaps and bounds.

The August contest would not be complete without mentioning the gems that shone bright last month and that almost made it impossible to announce a single winner.

Brindhak regaled us with her touching stories. Her stories always manage to not just pierce through the heart but also the mind and make us think about our responsibility as a good human being.

Jaishree’s post touched a chord with the simplicity of the central character and his love for his mother.

Ojantrik, always manages to extract emotions from us that we never knew existed within us! Such is his writing. His “Nishit Babu…” did the same.

Mrs. Pushapavalli S’s post made us all think in awe about what more can any human achieve that she has already not!

AC’s posts as always bring forth a burning issue either socially or one that has been burning and churning in our minds. She does it deftly and without much ado but drives home the point perfectly.

RamayaVaradharajan’s posts are always where she talks straight from the heart about what’s in her heart! Her post nominated this month was another such gem. She talked about her strong belief in the power of the Almighty and her strong belief in the goodness that is stored just for her.

Dolocrcosta’s reply to Iyerviji’s post was a dot on analysis of the evolution of women over the years.

VidyaArun proved yet again what a talented writer she is. Not just a talented writer but a talented thinker I must say.

KiranD’s fiction “My sister Priya” was another touching piece that added a beautiful flavor to the month of Raksha Bandhan.

Vanaja Srinivasan, is what I called a “thinker writer”. She thinks a lot, a lot deeper and about a lot of different topics. And her posts always reflect this thinker in her. Her nominated post this month had the same effect!

This month we saw new talented poets coming out of the closet and shining bright with their poetic skills. Indhushri M’am with her beautiful poem and Sriniketan with her wonderful poem. Devika’s “The kids with Aids” once again showcased her powerhouse poetic skills.

Our resident humor-packed writer took a different path this time with his post “Divorces”. Well, it looks like no matter what route he takes we all just follow him! Of course, he was back on home turf with his humor peppered post on learning what not to do that taught us all a few lessons to play the game of life better.

Mithila M’am showed us that she is capable of writing gems that sometimes prod our mind gently, sometimes humorously and sometimes emotionally. She is a master of bringing forth all sorts of emotions in all their shades!

Navaljee did an immaculate double act – he tickled our funny bone with his post about his (dis)belief in God had us all in splits. It was a masterpiece! Then he turned right around and made us all think hard about how women are portrayed by the entertainment industry.
    Devika with her abundant talent, shone in the humor department with her “Sunday Fiasco” along with shining in many other departments.

With so much talent, you tell me folks how can there be just one winner? Impossible!

So here’s a toast to all the gems that were nominated for the month of August! Thanks for making August another wonderful month peppered with all the emotions needed to make a balanced mind. I, for one, owe a lot to you wonderful writers and to you wonderful nominator’s for bringing the best of every side of my life alive!

Lots of luv,
    SS

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  10. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mindi,

Congrats....:clap:clap:clap

I am so happy for you...with your post, you made me share with you my love for my brother too...
    Hope to see some more from you...

:cheers to Kamalji for nominating this post....

Dear SS,

All the members' contribution that you made a mention of ...are really a gem. You are right...its tough to choose just one , among them...

:cheers to you for your posts too...

Bye

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008