Finest Posts - April Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Induslady, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Re: Finest Posts of IL - Nominations

Sridhar,

A bit surprised/startled to see your post.

We will take this under advisement and answer your post.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti,

I always knew about your magnanimity, your patient and individual responses to each and every IL member up until now always laced with tolerance and kindness and your lovely ooks are more than proof to state the obvious.
    I am proud to know you.

Thank you sir.

L, Kamla

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

Nice of you to have spoken such kind words. My mission in IL is to contribute and not to compete.

Being in the most competitive profession I am sort of tired of that and have come to IL for a change. More importantly I dont want my readers to be judges while reading my posts - with one eye on my writings and another on the score card. Writing has been an enjoyable pastime for me; reading my writings should be at least as enjoyable a pastime for my readers.

Thats the background, Kamla.
    Love,
    sridhar

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear IL’ites…

It is already the 24th of April now and there is less than a week for us to select the Finest Post. Time is running and I want you all to hurry and send in your nominations as soon as possible.

I see that some of you have been illustrious and have sent in more than one nomination as your choice. That is a reflection on how rich in information our site is and is always providing thought provoking and helpful suggestions. All this is possible because of you all…all of us, rather! Like me, I am sure all of you have profited in some way by one or the other suggestions that we get to read here. This possibility is what makes one addictive to this site!

There are several members repeatedly nominating contributions by Chithra, Sridhar Varalotti and Cheeniya. And that is no surprise to any of us as they provide some of the best suggestions, help, stories which in turn add to our know how, spirituality, entertainment and humor.

After a long thought, it has been decided NOT to include their contributions for the Finest Post! Is it not ironical? But mind you, there is a ‘method to this madness’! These members contribute excellent matter to our IL and this has been already recognized in that they have been allotted their own forums and sub-forums. That makes them the Elite of the IL’ite list! So their posts in their own forum are special anyways and are highly appreciated.

Having said that, please be informed that if they respond or post in any other forum outside of their own, those can be considered and are eligible for the Finest Post nomination.

Now let us wait and see what nominations the next few days will bring and await the Finest:)

L, Kamla

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,
    You have taken the right decision. The posts of those, who have been allotted individual sub-forums, are best not considered for the competition.
    This will enthuse everybody to contribute better qualitatively - is that not I L all about ?
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

I am almost tempted to nominate this post of yours as the finest post of April, 2007. You have commnicated what you wanted to, with elegance and adding some humour as a bonus.

Kamla, please consider another request of mine. Let my post not be considered wherever it is written - in my forum or in somebody else's.

I am already well-rewarded when a new ILite Aashri deligently reads my HAMB post and tells me it is good. When another ILite Devotee spent the whole of yesterdays morning to read my serials and then pmmed me saying that she enjoyed it.

Coming to thnk of that, that rider that Forum-holders post in other forums may be considered introduces avoidable complexity into an otherwise simple system for choosing the best posts.

I am not talking for the other Forum-holders. But for me let the exclusion be complete.

Needless to say we the forum-holders reserve the right to nominate the finest posts, be it in our forum or elsewhere.

Let me wish this scheme all success.

regards,
    Varalotti

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla
    When Vidya nominated my post 'In the spirit of Vedantha', this is what I wrote in my reply.
    Dear Vidya
    You have really overwhelmed me! I essentially write to share my experiences with like-minded people. I speak from my heart. I expect nothing in return. When people like you read what I write, it is more than any award for me. When I was a committee member in one of the elite music forums of Chennai, I have always stoutly opposed awards being given to vidwans of advanced age but fought for such awards being given to younger artists...
    Sri
    I am happy that an exceedingly good decision has been taken and am happier still that I am bracketed with Sridhar and Chithra, the undisputed stars of IL!
    I have no doubt that the quality of contributions will improve by leaps and bounds in the days to come! I will also exhort the aspirants to remember that failure is the stepping stone for success. I say this because there can be only award every month and those who do not make it should not get disappointed
    I wish IL all the very best in this novel endeavour
    Sri

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Varalotti,

When I read your post yesterday withdrawing from the contest so spontaneously, the first word that came to mind was 'gracious' (which incidentally is your favourite word too). I refrained from adding that or any comment since the thread is jointly administered.

I only echo what Kamla has wonderfully said about you. May your tribe grow! (in all senses of the word)

regards
    Vidya

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Cheeniya sir and others,

Cheeniya sir- I note that you have posted the pm sent to me expressing your reaction on my nominating Spirit of Vedantha for Finest Post.

Spirit of Vedantha is indeed a well- thought out, well-articulated and above all well-meant post and I am glad that I was the first to nominate it.

I would like to set one fact very clear for record. Before I nominated the post, I verified with the IL administration if Kamla and I are eligible to nominate. Since we are to judge, I wanted to be sure of this, to make the contest free and fair. I nominated the post only after we were also encouraged to nominate. Which is why I did not delete the nomination inspite of your protests and pms.

Now that you have withdrawn, the following comment may be redundant. But let me hasten to add, that much as I still think your post is tres excellent, it would not have biased the final judgement since it is joint.

I have made a personal decision not to nominate any more posts in future.

Regards
    Vidya

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear Chithra,

Thanks for the understanding post. Yes, with all of us working towards the same goal, it will be only success for IL.

L, Kamla