Finest Posts - April 2015 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello all,

Its our own special time of the month..The Awards function of Finest Posts!! Hope all of you are present with your finery and have reserved seats to enjoy the show and greet the winners with your applause!
    :yes:

We on our part have burnt mid-night candles (literally!!) and sweated it out not knowing how to choose from this fine array of winners. But then, we are old hands at this game and helped by the supportive inputs of our discerning members, we somehow zero in on the two members who will walk up the dias to enjoy the spotlight!

So friends, let us send a shout out to our first winning member without any further delay. She suddenly made her entry into our folds like a flash of light and captured our imagination with her appealing write up. As per her own admission, she is not at loss for words and is there any surprise that she wins at this game of words?! What's more, she was nominated by the queens of snippets, Aria and Satchitananda!

Winner of the Finest Narration is "The other side of being a Chatterbox" by Trupti!
    Congratulations Trupti!
    friendssmiley

Trupti's snippet is all that which immediately makes her one of our 'snippetier' clan! She can write her way into our hearts and talk her way out of any situation (her words, not mine!!). Reading it felt like I was talking to a like minded young friend. A very welcome addition indeed to our forum. Trupti, hope to read many more snippets and posts from you. You certainly have arrived with a bang and hope you keep the drums rolling!! All the best!

*************************************************************************************

Month after month we present you our winners. How not to make it boring for you and how can we add to the already heady inputs of our very talented writers? Every time I present the thread, I pick on my brain cells and wish that I had a better vocabulary. I am often tempted to go for words like 'wunderbar', 'kya baat hai', 'adhirudhille' and so on and so forth from various languages!! As Indusladies is an English language site, decorum forbids usage of other languages! But at home, the rules are not so cut and dried for the usage of language! SGBV had this question bothering her as to what language should be taught to a child? Mother tongue, English or local?? Going by the success of the thread her initial post caused, this query was on many a mind. A lovely thread which is relevant to all of us!

Winner of Finest Contribution is 'What is your primary communicative language at home' by SGBV !
    Congratulations SGBV!
    :cheers

Coming from India, we are exposed to a huge number of languages and city dwellers especially grow up with many languages around them. With the travel and internet possibilities, world has become a village furthering the spectrum of languages. Hence, what language for your child/my child/our children?! This thread gives you varied opinions and thoughts on the subject. Thanks to SGBV for placing the question and conducting the thread smoothly.

We owe our thanks also to Aria who first nominated in her unique style our winner of the Finest Narration and Preethtiich who brought SGBV's winning contribution to our notice!

Links to the winning posts:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/270846-the-other-side-being-chatterbox.html#post3543336

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/toddlers/269394-what-your-primary-communicative-language.html

Dear winners and nominators, please PM your usernames, pin codes and contact numbers to IL_Admin so they can send your gifts. Thanks again!

Meet you all again next month!

Your
    FP Team

7 people like this.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

The nominations for the the month of April 2015 was truly a kaleidoscope of choice posts. It included posts from a wider range of sub-forums and did not centre around Good to Read forum only which was a welcome change.

As we celebrate our tenth anniversary, it is interesting to note that the threads started by Malspie and Sabitha_K as far back as 2007 are still evergreen and catches the attention of members to this day. Proves that the purpose of IL as a reference point is being served in its true sense. Suryakala's prayer thread is all ready to join this evergreen list without doubt going by the number of views and the nomination.

Even as we adore our older posts and posters, our newcomers and first time contributors are immediately whisked to FP nominations by discerning readers. Thechanakya, Rohanj, Sumitadg, Trupti, Saibaba24 are all members whose first posts or threads seem to have caught the imagination of our members. The posts are on varied subjects and matters and the new entrants have enriched our site without a doubt!

Once we call IL our home, it is difficult not to come back to it and we see Annujp82 gracing us after a break and not to forget Meenasankaran who once again continues to impress us with her cheerful presence.

Hrastro and SGBV have beautifully contributed to our site with their inputs and very relevant questions that will interest every mother and care giver for a long time to come. You will find interesting views and some answers in their threads for many of our members like Shanvy, Swaran, Laks09, Guesshoo, have added their very valuable inputs in these threads.

Now, what will we do without our Satchitananda and Srama? Their winning write ups keep us engaged month after month and always vie to be the winners every month if we only let them! Our ever popular Aria and Pushpavalli Srinivasan widen our horizons with their posts. Longevity is good or bad and how private is our private lives in this age of cyber exploration is something to ponder about! Besides, when Aria touches her keypad, sparks surely fly and you will all agree those sparks need a certain Webster to resolve!!

As is with every month, our writers and members see to it that FP remains a very entertaining place for all of us!

Thank you all!

L, Kamla

5 people like this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to winners.

Jayasala 42

4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Congrats @Trupthi and @SGBV

1 person likes this.
  5. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congratulation @Trupti12 @SGBV for your lovely contribution.

@Aria and @preethtiich for spotting the best one's :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

@Trupti12 and @SGBV many congratulations.
    I've started to become a big fan of SGBV lately. Her advices to different issues on different matter makes me go 'oh ho!!!...ok!!'

1 person likes this.
  8. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Congrats to @trupti12 and @SGBV

1 person likes this.
  9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Hearties congrats to you both

1 person likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear buddy Kamla
    It is amazing how you create the same ambience as sitting in the Dolby Theatre and listening to the celebrity comperes announcing the Oscar Awards in your FP Award Announcements month after month! From your Hello All to the signing off as FP Team, I just sit with open mouth!

The greatest thing is that you have a pat for every nominee that makes every one of them feel like a Winner. I love the way you split your narration into two, the first being the announcement of Winners followed by a beautiful sum up of every nominee. There is so much to learn from you in the art of communication!

You have yet again displayed the sagacity of Solomon in selecting the two winners of the month. Trupti and SGBV are undoubtedly winners miles ahead! This is the kind of judgement that gets greeted from the Heavens by a shower of flowers! I am flattered beyond words that you have bracketed me too in your 'we are old hands in this game' but I know that my being old relates just to the pages of the calender on the wall that I have consumed so far! Thank you buddy!
    Sri

2 people like this.