Finest Posts - April 2010 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by SoaringSpirit, May 3, 2010.

1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,

The first week of every month brings with it a lot of excitement and some anxiety over selecting our winners for the FP. This month was no different. Without further delay let us go ahead and announce what we've all been witing for -

Our winner for the Finest Narration is Tugga for her post Unforgettable experience.

Her narration of her experience with her posting at Drafur, Sudan was not just something that most reader's will not forget; but it is something that had a kind of warmth that made it very close to the heart! They say that many times things and people grow on you. Drafur and its people surely seemed to have had that effect on Tugga.

Not only was the content of this post extremely rivetting but the flow and the feel of the post was extremely endearing too. I felt for Tugga when she wrote about her mental conflict while leaving as a newly wed for this tough posting. My heart skipped a beat reading about her brush with the so called militants. And my heart was filled with the proud feeling of "You made it" when she wrote that her stint at Drafur was a success and that she established herself well in her posting there. It was a wonderful post that had all elements that would make a post unforgettable - excitement, joy, some fear, some pain and tons of personal satisfaction and success at the end!

Our Finest Contribution award goes to Archana K.C. and Jyothisri for their amazing insights in the post Discrimination in India - Daily Life .
    Most of us have probably experienced discrimination in some form at some point in our life. But what is it really? Is it just a figment of our imagination, is it something that confines itself to only a particular area of life, does it exist only in certain class of the society, is it country or region specific? If you are looking for a good set of pointers and some mind blowing discussion about all of the above questions a visit to this thread is a must. The wealth of knowledge brought out by Archana and Jyothisri is simply amazing. What is more, this knowledge is not shared in an "in your face" manner. It is brought out in the form of an informed and open discussion about the topic. I gained tremendously reading this thread and it has opened my eyes and my mind to so many different forms of discriminations that exist and that I may inadvertently be a part of. Hats off to you two for pulling off such a challenging topic with some elan!

Congratulations Tugga, Archana and Jyothisri!

Lots of luv,
    Kamla and SS

2. SoaringSpirit

Dear Sabitha and Mythraeyi,

Hearty Congratulations on bringing the winning entries to the FP!

You go girls!

Luv,
    SS

3. SoaringSpirit

Dear friends,

The announcements would be incomplete without the heartfelt thanks to you, who make the FP vibrant with your writings and your nominations.

So THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

There was one post that adorned the FP for the month of April and that was a winner. That post is Mithila M'am's Blessed are the poor in spirit!
    A MUST READ post for every person. We are so so happy to have you back in our fold. I can't help but feel that we are truly blessed to have you back Mithila M'am!

Luv,
    Kamla and SS

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Tugga for winning this post with a captivating narration of your experience.

Archu and Jyothisri, you have been keeping the discussion on the discrimination in daily life really thought provoking and pondering.
    congrats for winning for finest contribution.

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Tugga, Archana K.C. and Jyothisri!:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Tugga, your narration about your experiences in Sudan was immensely engaging and I enjoyed reading it. Hope you will bring us more of your interesting anecdotes in the future.

Archana and Jyothisri, like SoaringSpirit mentioned, your discussion thread on discrimination was very informative. Discrimination of all sorts exists all over the world. However, I guess it can be really testing for the youth in India with all the reservations and other hurdles coming in the way of their aspirations. Wish our youth a lot of luck.

I once again join SoaringSpirit in welcoming our dear Mithila Kannan and it is always a pleasure to read her narrations. Seeing Mithila write today strengthens my trust in the Almighty!:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

L, Kamla

6. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

I am feeling all glee, like a school kid suddenly called on stage to be congratulated on some long done project!

Jyothi, Bhuvinidhi, Beeamma and many others were such positive contributors to the thread. I look forward to more such endearing, enriching discussions from that space. Thanks to Sabitha, SS, Kamla and the FP team.

Arch

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  7. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Tugga, Archana and Jyothisri and also Sabitha and Mythraeyi !!!! :party

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Tugga, Aruna & Jyothisri! :)

9. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Tugga,

Congratulations on your win !!

Here is the special gift for winning the Finest Post - Narration -Palm Leaf Painting of a Village Migration Scene hand-painted by artisans in Orissa.

The Painting is hand crafted on Palm Leaf using natural dyes so as to retain its sheen for years together.

palmleaf-FinestPost-Narration-April10.jpg

Note : Please send your postal address by mail to support@indusladies.com to receive the special gift.

10. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Archana and Jyothisri,

Congratulations on your win !!

Here is the IL special gift for winning the Finest Post Contest for best contribution.

Platinum_ILite_gift_001.jpg

Note : Please send your postal address by mail to support@indusladies.com to receive the special gift.