Finest Post Winners - September 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You know I go into all kinds of statistics. I know you are wondering ‘What now?’

When Satchi summoned me and asked me to take over the task of announcing the Winners for September 2018, I just had a look at what happened in September 2017. I was so surprised that you could have beaten me down with a feather! September 2017 had exactly 14 nominations as in the current year. Wait, there is more to share with you. Satchi left me the onerous task of announcing the Winners in September last year too as she has done now. Makes me to hum the famous Come September song. Do you now realise that old guys like me have this habit of chewing the cud like the healthy cows you see in ads of Dairy Farming?

I do not want to test your patience further. I would have announced the winners straightaway as the ‘Dhrishta Seetha’ announcement of Hanuman. But then, when I get an audience, I have this habit of rambling. But this tendency is catching up with the younger generation too! Like we chewing the cud, the younger generation has the tendency to go round and round.

The Loveliest Narration, I mean the Finest Narration Award for the month goes to
    Pandigai Naal...festival Day...normal Day by peartree.
    ‘You have floored me with this lovely post’ I wrote in my FB to her. Seven members nominating this post is itself a record. These are the types of Snippets that lift the quality of writing in IL. Thank you, peartree.

Abstract subjects can hardly be engaging but some gifted writers can achieve this impossible task of grabbing our attention with them. What’s more, they can even make it in poetic form. BhumiBabe has done it with stunning ease. I had conceded in my FB that ‘this poem is out of the world’ and I did mean it. Sixteen lines of exquisite stuff! I am happy to select BhumiBabe's
    A Plea...

for the Finest Contribution Award for the month.

My heart congratulations to both Winners. I am extremely grateful to the battery of members for their nomination of these two posts.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

I thought tomorrow only the winners will be announced. Perfect selection of winners.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@peartree & @BhumiBabe

Congratulations on winning the finest narration and finest contribution for the month of September 2018. You both deserve this award.

Viswa

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

The award is for September

6. Cheeniya

My dear Viji
    Tomorrow I am off to a thousand year Siva Temple about 70 kms from here. I'll be busy and I may find it difficult to complete my task. Early bird catches the worm, doesn't it? Well, some one quipped that it was not the early bird but one that was returning home late after a binge! Anyway, the worm got swallowed alright!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Viswa is always a month ahead!

Rihana, Viswamitra and iyerviji like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Good to know you are going to Temple.Please pray for my good health .Wish you happy journey and may God bless you with good health.

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame