Finest Post Winners - November 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

During my early 30’s, I was struck by severe ennui and inertia. That would happen to any banker who spent all his life totalling figures and balancing books of accounts. To overcome this problem, I became an amateur punter. I would go through the details of all horses before betting on them. I found it extremely difficult to place my bet if there were only a few horses taking the field.

This month turned out to be a tough one for me with just 10 nominations. This incidentally is the leanest month in the last couple of years. But all the ten nominations are classy and worthy of being chosen a winner. That makes my job doubly difficult you know.

Let me narrate a story from the epics. Ashtavakra was a great scholar of the Vedic period. He was born with eight physical deformities and thus earned the name of Ashtavakra. But he was such a great scholar that King Janaka, the foster father of Sita Devi, made him the Raj Guru. I am reminded of this Vedic episode when I read Mental Health Of Parents With Special Needs Kids by Lakhs09. How would have Ashtavakra’s mother dealt with such a deformed child and what was her role in his emergence as a Scholar? In my feedback to the nomination of this thread, I had pointed out how Karthik, a special needs boy emerged as a Superstar in A Musical contest of a popular TV. His mother has been the pillar of strength in his emergence as a great singer.

I salute @Laks09 and announce her as the Winner of the Finest Contribution Award for her post Mental Health Of Parents With Special Needs Kids

I have great admiration for people who can narrate a story in a gripping style. As a man who cannot even narrate the story of the hare and tortoise convincingly, I know that narrating a story is a great art. I am even jealous of such talented people. To cut the long story short, I had my mouth open reading the short story of ILoveTulips.

I have great pleasure in declaring @ILoveTulips as the Winner of the Finest Narration Award for her story
    The Replacement

My hearty congratulations to the Winners and my sincere thanks to the proposers and supporters of the Winning Posts!

Laks09, kkrish, ILoveTulips and 5 others like this.

2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Laks09 and ILoveTulips like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

My hearty congratulations to @Laks09 and @ILoveTulips for winning the finest contribution and finest narration for the month of November 2019. @Laks09 deserves this award not only for guiding the parents of special needs kids but also for successfully implementing in her own life. I had a chance to read @ILoveTulips gripping first chapter and I am not at all surprised @Tamrakshar visiting FP section for the first time to nominate her story.

Laks09, ILoveTulips and Tamrakshar like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

upload_2019-12-1_18-22-29.jpeg

Heartiest congratulations dear Laks and ILT!​

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

6. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

7. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Cheeniya Sir, Thank you for the announcement and the award. I am pleasantly surprised and so happy to read the words of appreciation from you. I wouldn't have found out that I can write if it was not for this wonderful website and the lovely members who generously compliment and encourage other members. I am always grateful for all of that.

ILT

puni88 and Laks09 like this.
  8. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Laks09 and satchitananda like this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Laks09 likes this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @ILoveTulips !
    I am extremely happy to see you the winner. That story was awesome and truly deserves this recognition.

Laks09 and Cheeniya like this.