Finest Post Winners - November 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Dec 1, 2017.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Here we are back again, waiting to see who has regaled us with the finest narration this month and who has made a mark by posting something of value to community.

In contrast to the heavy downpour outside my window, the nominations this month have been a mere trickle. However, what was lacking in quantity was surely made up for by sheer quality.

The nominated posts were a heady mix of nostalgia tempered by hard nosed pragmatism and practical advice. Quite a khichadi indeed! And while on the topic of khichadi, this dish is in great demand these days. People not just love to eat it, but now there seem to be fights breaking out over who gave khichadi to the world. Well, who cares where it originated. So long as we get to eat it, there is no confusion whatsoever!

There is some confusion, though, about what feminism really means. We had Rihana explaining quite firmly what equality of the genders implied. The gist of it (to put it in language familiar to myself) one can’t have the cake and eat it too. I agree. Just the way I do with Yellowmango who came up with some strong bit of advice about how to deal with a recalcitrant Mil. Talking of feminism and strong women, there is no dearth of them on this forum. Not only are they strong themselves but make it a point to bring all their experience as Laks did to help clear the doubts of other members.

In the midst of all these day to day practical issues, the seniors amongst us regaled us with nostalgic memories of gentler days of yore. They were like a whiff of fresh air, a gentle breeze on the troubled brow of the younger generation. For some of us, those stories are unimaginable, to others they are reminders of the kind of life we enjoyed not too long ago. Times change, people change. They become stronger as teenulahiri has experienced. And when all is done and experienced, all we can do is offer our thanks to the one above for all that we have received. A very sweet reminder of this came from Sweety82 whose post brings hope to the many women on this forum who find themselves in the same straits she found herself in.

Talking of sweets, is it any surprise that The Kobbari Mithai My Mother Made by GeetaKashyap has made it’s way to the Finest Narration of the Month? Living in Karnataka, where small talk starts with ‘oota aita’ (have you had your food), I can’t bypass a post like that which brings back sweet memories of a sweet made by a loving mother.

The Finest Contribution of the Month without doubt is that of Laks in her post in the thread Questions about the 504 plan.

Heartiest Congratulations to the winners and to the nominators of the posts (Amica, nandinimithun, Teenulahiri and naari) from the FP team.

Looking forward to many more interesting posts and nominations in the coming month.

upload_2017-12-1_0-21-16.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    rajarun, cheenu123, IL_Admin and 7 others like this.

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Laks09 and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Congrats @Laks09 ! You are worth a billion not Laks (lakhs), no actually invaluable more accurately :blush:

Laks09, Rihana and Amica like this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

OMG! Thanks to all the I'LITES who welcomed me with open arms into this community, read my first article and encouraged me with kind comments, thought it was good enough for nominations, and finally selected my work " The Kobbari Mithai My Mother Made" for the Finest Narration of November 2017. I am humbled. Thanks a million to all.
    Special thanks to @Amica for the first comment, @satchitananda for being there as a Moderator with kind and encouraging words and @teenulahari for nominating me. Thanks once again.

Jeeves, Amica, Laks09 and 4 others like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Geeta, Congratulations! What a lovely write up. I started reading the snippet thinking it will be a description of the mithai and maybe a brief recipe. Turned out to be quiet a surprise and a poignant read. Looks like you've joined IL less than 10 days ago. Welcome to IL! Hope to see many more snippets from you and also alternate views of fables. : )

Laks, I am glad the topic was carved out into a separate thread from Naari's other thread on extra curricular activities. Your posts in it will be a valuable resource for parents reading it now and in the future.

Amica, nandinimithun, Naari, Teenulahiri -- good job on the nominating! Both the winning posts, when I read them, I meant to go post in FP thread... didn't...I forget what was my excuse : ) glad you nominated.

Amica, Laks09, teenulahari and 3 others like this.
  8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to the winners.Special congrats to Laks09 for her valuble suggestions worth many crores.

Jayasala42

Laks09, GeetaKashyap and teenulahari like this.
  9. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

10. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite