Finest Post Winners - May 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am not going to lament how cruel May has been in this part of the country. This phase of the year is called ‘Agni Nakshatra’ here. During this period, we are roasted alive and the severity of it makes us laugh hysterically. It ended yesterday for name-sake as the temperature continues to hover around 110°F. Fortunately we have friends here who keep writing about Lovely Days And Ruminations! I recollect Rudyard Kipping’s ‘East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,.. ‘

I smile again. (Am I not smiling too much today?) Kipling knew what he was talking about. After all he had lived in some of the hottest parts of India that included Pakistan which made him lament about east and west! Having said all this about the summer in the East, I must say that the nominations for the Finest posts kept me really cool.

Despite a sluggish start, we ended the month with 15 nominations and it was such a pleasure to go through each and every one of them.

Of all the nominations the Post that struck me most was the one that had been nominated by five members. I made a beeline to the thread and the first thing that struck me was the very title. I know you would have guessed by now who I am talking about. I have no statistics how many ladies would refer to their mother-in-law as ‘mother in love’. It is a warm tribute to a mother-in-law who meant so much to her daughter-in-law that she calls her as ‘mother in love’.

I have great pleasure in announcing @jayasala42 as the Winner of the Finest Narration Award for her My Mother-in-love

I once read a Horatio story which throws a question, ‘In a society where everyone is a clone of the Emperor, can you survive long enough to find out who you truly are?’ In other words, if you cannot differentiate yourself from others in some way or other, you are doomed to become a clone of others. How then to avoid such a predicament? @sbonigala has the answer. Love yourself! A short thread that speaks volumes about how to enrich our lives!

I have great pleasure in announcing @sbonigala as the Winner of the Finest Contribution Award for her Self Love - What Do You Do For Yourself?

My hearty congratulations to the Winners and my sincere thanks to the nominators of the Winning Posts!

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan, sbonigala and Amulet like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt. Jayasala @jayasala42 and @sbonigala:

Congratulations on winning the finest narration and finest post respectively. It is interesting to note that one of this is about love for the mother-in-law and the other is about self-love. These two combinations make one's life meaningful and effective.

Thyagarajan and Cheeniya like this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Never mint those winners. I SO love this reaction.

5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jayasala Madam,
    Congratulations. I learn a lot of nuances of the culture, and the goings on in the Tamil Nation from your posts. Your opinions on matters are strong and provoke much enjoyable discussion and thoughts. We are blessed to have you here.
    Madam Amulet.

@sbonigala : Happy to see that ! Congratulations.

Thyagarajan, sbonigala and Cheeniya like this.
  6. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Very generous !! Thank you so much Sir.
    Thank you so much for all those who nominated my post.
    Humbled

7. sbonigala

Thank you so much Viswa sir.

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. sbonigala

Thank you so much @Amulet

9. sbonigala

Thank you so much dear

Anusha2917 likes this.