Finest Post Winners - March 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Viswamitra, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear IL Members,

It is a privilege for me to read the contributions of eloquent writers here in IL. This month the nominations by the members increased a shade more thanks to a vibrant thread started by @Rihana about Finest Posts Nominations. Many members acknowledged and agreed to nominate more in the future and this Forum is very grateful for them gracefully agreeing to nominate more. There are many interesting Forums and Sub-Forums that are extremely active nowadays and I strongly encourage the members to visit all of these Forums and Sub-Forums when they have a few minutes to spare.

We have 18 wonderful nominations for the month of March 2017 and each one of them are unique and extraordinary. Frankly, how many members view and respond to the threads indicate the class of the thread in terms of content, language and style of writing. When the members nominate a thread to the FP forum, it is another major recognition. The winner announcements by the moderator is restricted to only two out of the best nominated by the members. In choosing the winners, the new writers and those who have not recently won the title are given preference by the FP moderators in addition to how many members participate with keen interest in a thread. Not winning the title should never be considered as elimination. Most importantly, the writer need not be the most popular among the members nor they need to be a long-term writers. They need not be one who is well-recognized by the moderators and administrators. No specific forum is given importance in choosing the winners. This Forum welcome all the members to write more and more in any forum of their choice and encourage other members to write more as well.

Now getting back to the winners of March 2017, as I mentioned earlier, only two can be a winner of the list of wonderful threads nominated by the members. This time the finest contribution goes to "Favorite Carnatic Songs!" written by @justanothergirl (in "Entertainment" Forum and "Music and Dance" Sub-Forum) and nominated by @kkrish. JAG has made many great contributions in other forums but this one is very special. This thread exists since 2012. Many members have contributed their best Carnatic songs by providing a link to their favorite singers. It is almost like visiting Thiruvaiyaru during the Thyagaiyar Utsavam or attending the Music Festival during December/January in Chennai. After five years, I had a chance to visit this thread thanks to the nomination by @kkrish and I am sure this thread will continue for many more years with excellent links attached by the members of IL. This kind of treasures need to be explored and archived.

The Finest Narration goes to two threads both written by the same author. One happens to be a thread in "Good to Read" Forum and another in the Stories (Fiction). You might have already guessed the writer here. The thread is "She" written by @Rajeni and nominated by @Balajee, @SGBV, @VaniVyas, @kkrish, @Chulbuli04 and @stayblessed. @Rajeni is a prolific writer and an extraordinary talent. This particular thread appears to be straight from her heart. The second is a story(Fiction) "You Are Missing In My Heart" written again by @Rajeni and nominated by @aswathyk. Narration, character introduction, content creation, event description, description of the emotions of each character, etc. are extraordinary. It is a gripping story that many readers are anxiously waiting to read. She writes like a professional writer and I am sure her stories will be published soon by one of the publishers.

Congratulations to both winners and the nominators.

On behalf of the FP Team

justanothergirl, SGBV, momsky and 5 others like this.

2. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

@Rajeni and @justanothergirl Congratzzz both of you...Keep going

justanothergirl and Rajeni like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @justanothergirl and @Rajeni .
    I am very happy that both winners are also my nominees.
    Looking forward to many such gems from both of you.

Thank you @Viswamitra

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Heartiest congratulations JAG and Rajeni

5. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa Sir,

Thanks a lot! I am truly overjoyed that both my threads were selected for the finest post - its definitely double the happiness. And, thank you for another wonderful feedback about my writing. Its highly motivating.
    Heartfelt thanks to all my nominators - @Balajee, @SGBV, @VaniVyas, @kkrish, @Chulbuli04, @stayblessed and @aswathyk

And, Congratulations @justanothergirl for your wonderful contribution!

justanothergirl and kkrish like this.
  6. Rajeni

Dear Aswathy, Thank you so much for nominating. Your nominating my story came really as a sweet surprise to me. By nominating you brought more readers and more appreciation to my writing. Thank you!

justanothergirl likes this.
  7. Rajeni

Dear kkrish, Thanks a lot for your wishes and for nominating my post. Such motivations and feedback makes me want to write.

kkrish likes this.
  8. Rajeni

Thanks a lot @satchitananda

9. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

10. Rajeni

Thank you GG! Ellam namma Tea-yin magimai ;)

aswathyk and GoogleGlass like this.