Finest Post Winners - December 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

2020 has dawned at last. This year has given greater scope for the Greeting designers to display their innovativeness than the previous years. As a result, my WhatsApp has got flooded with greeting cards. Some friends sent me more than a dozen cards that they could lay their hands on! Maybe because of the fancy number of the year I guess. One card even declared that the 21st Century had crossed its teenage!

It has always been a matter of debate if growing older sharpens our intellect or blunts it. I have more examples of the second possibility that includes ‘yours faithfully’! I am always in great awe of aged persons who continue to inspire people with their intellect. Please don’t worry. I am not going to flood you with examples for this. But I must tell you about a distinguished member of IL who has defied age and illness like nobody has ever done before. You guessed it right. It is @sln. He has written five blogs in December alone! How can his On Fairness [not The Fair & Lovely Variety] let him go unrewarded?

I have great pleasure in declaring @sls as the Winner of the Finest Narration Award for his post On Fairness [not The Fair & Lovely Variety]

If someone asks me to point out a writer in IL who can keep us spellbound with any topic on earth and beyond earth, I will have no hesitation to point out kkrish. She simply amazes me with her ability to write on any topic with breezy tongue-in-cheek humour. When I read her blog on being the only child, I was both smiling and thinking. I never knew that single children got branded as spoiled brats!

I have great pleasure in declaring @kkrish as the Winner of the Finest Contribution Award for her " You Must Be A Spoiled ...!" From The Heart Of An Only Child.
    My hearty congratulations to the Winners and my sincere thanks to the proposers and supporters of the Winning Posts!

joylokhi, Srama, ILoveTulips and 3 others like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2020
    joylokhi and kkrish like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

ILoveTulips and Caughtinbetween like this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @sln Sir.

I am one of your ardent fans and have always been mesmerized by your penmanship! You and @Cheeniya sir are two great writers in IL.

6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

My grateful thanks for the gracious comments.Thinking and writing are the antidote for the aching bones and irregular heart beats.You are a wonderful writer and skillfully depict the nuances of life.
    Regards SLN

kkrish and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

8. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,
    Thanks for the award and the kind words.To keep the mind under leash I indulge in writing and thereby avoid being a nuisance to others. This is also one way of keeping in touch with unknown but extended family members.
    Regards SLN

ILoveTulips and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @kkrish and @sln. Well deserved awards.

Agatha83

kkrish likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

My heartiest congratulations to @sln and @kkrish for winning the awards fro the month of December 2019. Let this new year bring the best in each one of you.

kkrish likes this.