Finest Post Winners - August 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Sep 1, 2019.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Afresh. not just your username even your profile pic is so fresh.

Thyagarajan and Afresh like this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Balajee. I am glad that you could relate it so well.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @jayasala42 mam

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Srama Sabitha. I enjoy your writings as well. Sometimes I do not get a chance to reply and miss a few but never miss reading them.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

As suggested by you this time I have nominated from other forums.

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    This is an ailing anchor speaking!
    Thanks a lot for your highly complimentary words. Despite your opening statement, I continue to feel like a ailing anchor because, no one else has taken note of my loud wailing.
    Precisely. but is it not the duty of senior members to take up that job? New members may not even be aware of the process of nominating a post for the Finest category. Many seniors have stopped nominating posts and if they do , they stop with one or two. In fact, I write a personal note to some seniors from time to time requesting them for nominations.
    Agreed but is it not good that members contribute more and more? This should enthuse seniors to go for their full quota of nominations. If members can read all those posts and respond to them too, why can't they nominate them as well? Further, I see more and more members second a nomination than go for nominating a fresh post. With the result, nominations remain few despite an increase in the number of nominators.
    That's not fair. In no contest, there is any restriction on the number of times one should get awards. Lata Mangeshkar has been honoured with another award this week though her singing career is almost at an end. Let this continue to be a level playing ground.
    Good idea. I'll certainly examine it. I am also thinking of reckoning only the original nomination as valid. Seconding will not rank as nominating. in other words, even after seconding a few nominations, the seconders will still have their quota of nominations intact.
    The trend is changing. For instance, @iyerviji i nominates from all forums. It is true that many members think that this contest is restricted to snippets. I will make it a point to make a lot of noise about it.
    I am highly obliged for the trouble you have taken Viswa. We will all join together to make this contest very vibrant again
    Sri

iyerviji and Viswamitra like this.