Finest Post Winner - September 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Where I live, the sun is now setting earlier. I went out after 8 pm last weekend to get groceries. As I exited the store parking lot and approached the road, I waited a little longer for the road to be clear of cars. The car behind me and its driver became clearly irritated. I edged the car onto the road and joined the traffic, taking a partially blind leap of faith. I exhaled a sigh of relief when no metal scraping sounds were heard. Everything was fine. Or was it?

To avoid irritating the driver behind me, I put myself and my car in danger. To avoid annoying a stranger! This is a pandemic in and of itself. We prioritize the needs, feelings, and opinions of others over our own, whether the people are strangers, friends, family, or coworkers.

Yes, September's winning post is about this habit of ours. A series of events and blessed happenstance were responsible for the post. A member saw a profile post and asked for elaboration, which was provided. The explanation, which was buried in a banter thread, was noticed and nominated.

Completing that fortunate series, it is a pleasure to announce @Gauri03 as the Winner of the Finest Post Award for her response in the thread Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Don't be misled by the title's "Gabfest." The winning post deserves to be required reading and re-reading on a regular basis. This excerpt is something that every woman needs to keep in mind:
    The most important relationship we will ever have is with ourselves and it sets the standard for all other relationships in our life. … It is up to us to give worth to our voice and become comfortable taking up space.”​

Thank you @Thyagarajan and @Viswamitra for nominating and seconding the Winning Post.

Thank you @maalti, @Mistt, @iyerviji, @Laks09 and all who participated here in the FP thread with nominations, seconding and Likes. Your support is deeply appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @Gauri03.:number_one: I already guessed your win because the depth of your post.:clap2:

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Gauri03, Congratulations for winning the finest post for September. I read your post so many times not because I didn’t understand but because it gave me immense joy to read it again and again. It is imperative to grasp the importance of self-love.

@Rihana, What an excellent announcement this is! You have chosen the best example why self-love is important.

Thyagarajan, Mistt, Gauri03 and 3 others like this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @Gauri03 .:cheer::cheer:
    Seeing Rihana's post in new thread section I immediately clicked on it and as the page was loading my mind was like "Gauri Gauri Gauri this time". I always read the finest post from the bottom.. I cannot wait to see the winner everytime. Seeing Gauri's name I was having this beeeeeg broad smile. How my guess came true.

@Rihana your example is :clap2:

Few important posts from IL take a place in my mobile phone (temporarily I send the message to Myself in whatsApp) and eventually they make their way to a place in my laptop and finally hard disk. This award winning post by Gauri is one such message. It's very important to keep reading such messages .

I have shared the take away of this message with a friend recently who shared her trouble with me. These are life lessons . Congratulations again Gauri.

Thyagarajan, Mistt, Gauri03 and 3 others like this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @Gauri03! Such a well deserved win. Self esteem and a sense of making our own opinions a priority without worrying about how others will perceive things has never been given importance while I was growing up. Your post is a rare gem! Please keep coming up with these. It’s a pleasure to read and it helped to at least attempt at changing an ingrained thought process.

Thyagarajan, Mistt, Kohvachn and 4 others like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You are a winner every month @Gauri03
    We must have another recognition called 'Great Asset of the Community'. You deserve nothing less. Hearty congratulations!
    @Rihana
    What can I say! You have started making me feel that how prosaic I had been in my winner announcements of the past! Old order changeth giving place to new and much better!

8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan, Laks09, Mistt and 4 others like this.
  9. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Congrats @Gauri03 . As Cheeniya rightly said, you are an asset to the community.

Kohvachn, Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much! :blush:

Thyagarajan likes this.