Finest Post Winner - October 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Having graduated from the more pedestrian light green and sky blue, my latest favorite shades were mustard green and turquoise blue. Shopping for churidars in one of my first India trips, the shop wala had already opened eight or nine dress materials of those colors. Those guys had an expert flourish and style with which they draped that material on themselves to persuade a customer to buy it.

Anyway, so unable to choose just one, I used to end up saying, “Bhaiyya, sab pack kar dijiye” or “Yeh sab side mein rakh dijiye.” (Set all these aside). At that point, having deduced that this was a lucrative customer, they would order chai or fanta to be bought from outside. : ) But I digress. The point is that October’s nominations make me wish all posts could be declared winners.

Without more random tales about my shopping, it is an honor to share that:

The Winner of the Finest Post Award is @hrastro for her response in

First Period

The tender concern, heartfelt advice, and gentle do’s and don’ts in HR's post remind me of the delicate buta embroidery in the dress materials I bought. : ) Some craftsman somewhere must have poured all of his or her skill into that thread work. Telling a parent they should watch out for something in their parenting can be tricky. HR managed to convey the suggestions in a genuinely compassionate and non-judgmental manner.

Thank you all for the nominations. Thyagu @Thyagarajan thank you for nominating the winning post.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Am glad profoundly my nomination stood the stringent test of jury @Rihana who double or triple distill for the best flavour of the outgoing mahathma month of Oct22. Thanks for the selection and wonderful announcement to the world of IL folks. I am sure they all would be delighted of this as the post pertains to a serious subject relevant to every young mother & woman in general.
    A stiff army salute & congrats to my beloved sister @hrastro for winning the FP award for outgoing month Oct,'22.
    Here is a jubilation, rejuvenating in link

Regards.
    God Bless All.

Laks09, hrastro and Rihana like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Rihana

Awesome announcement.By mistake you have written September nomination

Thank you Viji. I have corrected it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2022
    Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

5. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Dear @Rihana @Thyagarajan ji @iyerviji amma!

With 24 x 7 work from home + teaching + house work, I hardly have any bandwidth to do buta embroidery although I would love to!

I'm not spending as much time on IL as before, just able to do a special appearance once in a while when there is some really different perspective or suggestion that I want to add to some thread.

So, I'm really really honoured to find an answer of mine approved and commended by all of you stalwarts!

Thank you so much for the appreciation and acknowledgement!

As I teach/guide/work with a lot of children in this age group, I was able to empathise with the teenager as well as the mom in OP's question...

Kids of this generation need a lot of hand-holding as they are exposed to many unsavoury elements of the world at their fingertips through their phone.... So, it is important for the kids to have elders and parents who can set an example that can be emulated by them...

Thank you once again !
    Keep smiling
    HR

Rihana, Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

A crisp concise acknowledgement from @hrastro . I love it as other folks here.
    God bless.

Rihana, Laks09 and hrastro like this.
  7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana
    Like Professor Henry Higgins, you may be an ordinary person but like him you can never do anything less than extraordinary!
    Great as usual!

hrastro, Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@hrastro
    Congrats!
    Every post of yours is a winner. The Winner Tag that we give you is more to wash off our feeling of guilt of not awarding it to you every month

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@hrastro,

Congratulations on winning the finest for the month of October 2022. I cherish everyone of your responses whenever it came from you. Your contribution to IL is remarkable.

hrastro, Rihana, Laks09 and 2 others like this.
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@hrastro - Congratulations! Awesome post and a well deserved win. All of your posts are helpful. I hope you post more often but given your time crunch I’m glad you post as much as you do!
    Keep posting.

hrastro, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.