Finest Post Winner - March 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Out for a walk in the neighborhood, we talked about the houses for sale. I didn't google anything or visit any related sites but that evening my phone’s social media feed had real estate ads. Another day, a neighbor and close friend asked me about exterior paint colors, and the minute I returned home, my phone showed me paint ads. I was spooked. My phone was listening to my conversations! :flushed:

Over the next few days, I was quieter than usual. Many times I started to say something, eyed my phone and stopped. Better-half: "What’s up?" Me: "Nothing." That spooked him. Nothing spooks a man like a "nothing" response from an unusually quiet wife. :grinning:

All the spooking was soon laid to rest. I learned that in addition to my own purchases and browser history, the ads are based on which phones are often in the same GPS location as my phone. So, I see ads based on the phones of people around me. The unexpected ads took on a more somber note when I started to see posts about dealing with grief. I came across some heart-touching quotes and poems, but I can honestly say none was as deep and profound as this month’s FP winner.

It is a solemn honor to announce @Sandhya13 as the Winner of the Finest Post Award for her snippet:

Acceptance And Finding Strength

Sandhya, there are no words to describe how grateful I felt to read your snippet and relive a few difficult phone calls and life moments, but this time the reliving came easier. You have shown us how to let the heart find its own solace, how the heart will find that in ways big and small, if we allow it to.

@Laks09 and @Thyagarajan, this winning post just had to come to FP, and you brought it here!

Thank you @iyerviji, thank you all for participating and last but not at all the least, thank you @Cheeniya for reviving and propping up the FP thread as needed.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Exquisite summing up for the best . Sure @Laks09 & I would rejoice that our nomination that won @Rihana ’s heart & mind.
    Well deserved @Sandhya13. Here is my garland and bouquet and a song.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    Sandhya13, Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Sandhya13
    Hearty congratulations Sandhya!
    That was indeed a wonderful blog:blush:

Rihana, Sandhya13, MalStrom and 2 others like this.
  4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Sandhya!
    You wrote a wonderful tribute to your beloved father. May his memory always remain a blessing and his presence comfort you for the rest of your lives.

Rihana, Sandhya13, Laks09 and 2 others like this.
  5. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Sandhya. Your blog was so touching. I could feel the pain.

Sandhya13 and Laks09 like this.
  6. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Sandhya13 - It was an honor to nominate your post. Such a beautiful parent child relationship. Thank you for sharing with us. Congratulations on the FP win. I hope you continue to find solace in small things around you.

Rihana, Sandhya13 and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations Sandhya. That was a beautiful and touching tribute to your father. May you always feel his presence and get the needed solace. He will be blessing you from above. Very well deserved win. As always wonderful announcement Rihana.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Hearty congratulations @Sandhya13 .Your post was very touching which brought memories of my dad and Husband. A wonderful tribute to your dad and he will be always with u and blessing you.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Sandhya13,

My heartfelt condolences for losing your father who was a great inspiration for you and your sister. Losing a parent is never easy and how you both cope up to recover from your grief will make your father proud of both of you especially when he never wanted either one of you to shed tears.

The. Incidences you had narrated gave me good insight as to how much your father loved you when he was alive and even after he left his mortal coil. I am sure your father is blessing you every step of your life and your family.

I hope writing about him brought some relief from the pain of losing him. The best you could do now is to recall his illustrious qualities and embed them in your life. I am sure you are already doing it. My prayers are with you and your sister for healing sooner and lead a happy life ahead which your father wished for both of you.

Viswa

Rihana, Sandhya13 and Thyagarajan like this.