Finest Post Winner - March 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All

Let us have a look at one of the most prestigious sporting events in the world, the Wimbledon. The first competition was held in 1877 and has earned the distinction of being the oldest sporting even in the world. This competition was restricted to only amateurs till 1967. Professional tennis players were allowed to participate in 1968. Rod Laver of Australia and Billie Jean King of the USA were the first professionals to win the coveted trophy. Since then with the fierce professional players participating in the contest, it has become a virtual battle royal!

Why am I telling you this now? This prestigious contest, the Finest Posts, was started in April 2007 and is in its 14th year! Though it had had its ups and downs, it continues to be extremely popular. Initially the nominations were mostly from the Good to Read Section. Over a period of time, it started spreading its wings to a wide range of topics from all over the community. Some posts tend to be highly professional with sound advices for members in various fields. We feel truly gratified to encounter such professionalism in members’ contributions.

I am happy to pick one such professional post as the winner for the month. She is a thoroughbred professional in the field of education and her posts are immensely beneficial to the young mothers of our community with school going children.

I have great pleasure in announcing @hrastro as the Winner of the Finest Post Award for her thread Online Teaching - Some Tips And Thoughts!

Thank you, @Rihana for your nomination of the Winning Post. Thank you, @Viswamitra and @iyerviji for your wonderful contribution in selecting the Nominations.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Anusha2917, Rihana, hrastro and 2 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Awesome post Anna

Congratulations @hrastro for winning the award and @Rihana for nominating the post and Anna for selecting the post

Rihana and hrastro like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

My hearty congratulations to you @hrastro Every post of yours is loaded with so much information and they help so many of us learn more and more. I look at it as a great service to the community as a whole. Please continue to write such invaluable posts for the benefit of us.

Wonderful selection @Cheeniya sir.

Viswa

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2021
    Thyagarajan, Rihana and hrastro like this.
  6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @hrastro! Your post and tips are so well collated. I can only imagine the effort that went into it. Thank you for taking the time to write up. It’s immensely helpful!
    Congrats @Rihana for another awesome pick. All of you are doing such a wonderful job in the nomination committee that I get to see threads that I otherwise would have missed!

Rihana, Thyagarajan and hrastro like this.
  7. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so very much!!

Did not expect this at all!

@Rihana, thanx for the nomination.

@Cheeniya ji, thank you and your team for selecting this... I would think the purpose to create this "Finest Post" contest is to bring some useful info to more number of people... so this is an honour and I really hope the information in the post would be useful to mothers and teachers alike.

I feel encouraged to write more...

Thank you @iyerviji ma, @Thyagarajan ji, @Viswamitra ji, @satchitananda, @Laks09 !!

@Laks09 - I had recently done a facebook live about the same topic - "how to teach online classes", so I already had a list of my tips - just a little more effort went to restructure it and reword some parts !

Thank you all

Am really happy!

Keep smiling
    HR

satchitananda, Laks09, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  8. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @hrastro . Well deserved

hrastro likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hearty Congratulations @hrastro . Your passion shows in your posts!

hrastro likes this.