Finest Post Winner - January 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was often the class-monitor. If the teacher needed to go to the staff room, library or to talk with her love-interest, she had me stand by the blackboard with a chalk to write the names of students who talked during her absence. So, I watched 40 classmates, who gazed back at me with resignation or loathing. Every two minutes, a name made it to the blackboard. The teacher essentially had me tattle on my classmates and thanked me for my efforts.

Decades later, during a parent teacher conference in the U.S., I got a crash course on tattling versus reporting. My child had been tattling on classmates. The difference between the two often mystifies me even now.

For adults, getting help from the police and law-enforcement in the U.S. when one needs it the most urgently can be as confusing. In the case of Indian women not familiar with U.S. laws and methods, even more so.

@1Sandhya is the Winner of the Finest Post Award for her responses:
    Where To Report Domestic Violence.
    Where To Report Domestic Violence.

All of Sandhya's posts in that thread are filled with valuable information, crucial do’s and don’ts, how to be calm in an emotionally charged time, how to make the most of the help that the police can offer, and so much more. The care, concern and invaluable advice on display in the posts is IL and ILites at their finest.

Thank you @Laks09 for nominating the winning posts. Thank you @iyerviji for going beyond your quota of six! And, thank you @Viswamitra , @Mistt , @hrastro and @SuiDhaaga for your nominations. Thank you all for your Likes and participation. I know that’s a lot of thank you’s. : )

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@1Sandhya,

Congratulations on winning the finest post of January 2022. I had a chance to read all of your inputs in this thread and I was awestruck by your content. What a guide you are for the OP. I am so happy we are opening the year 2022 with your finest contribution.

1Sandhya, Cheeniya and Rihana like this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @1Sandhya for winning finest post award for January:number_one:. I just read your 2 posts in that thread and obviously they have excellent info on U.S law and they deserved to be finest posts.

1Sandhya, Rihana and Cheeniya like this.
  4. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

1Sandhya and Rihana like this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @1Sandhya! Your posts are phenomenally helpful for anyone going through a situation where police need to be involved. After you mentioned the law enforcement course, I was trying to look into the same. Please keep sharing information like this. I know a lot of us value these tips.

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I second that request.

Sandhya, please do share more about the workshop when you find the time.

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hearty congratulations @1Sandhya !
    Your posts are extremely informative
    You are indeed an asset to this community:blush:

1Sandhya, Viswamitra and Rihana like this.
  8. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Oh my goodness! What a lovely surprise.
    Thank you so much Indusladies and ILites. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, especially thanks to dear @Laks09 for nominating me, to all the people who participated in the decision (sorry I don't exactly know who you all are) and @Rihana for the writeup notifying me here. Thanks to all the people who liked my posts or found them useful. Thank you @Viswamitra, @Mistt, @Caide @Cheeniya sir for your appreciation and kind words.

When I wrote those posts, my attention was totally on helping OP (and other women like her) navigate her situation. If the OP, and the women in this forum, found any of the information helpful and use it to better her situation that would definitely be the icing on the cake.

I will definitely share information about the class as requested but in a different post soon.

Laks09, Viswamitra, hrastro and 3 others like this.
  9. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations @1Sandhya well deserved win. Not just this post, whenever you post something you analyse it in all angles and then reply which is commendable :number_one:

1Sandhya and Rihana like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Rihana and 1Sandhya like this.