Finest Post Winner - February 2023

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Complimenting others is mostly easy and natural for me but there are a few occasions when I struggle. One is when they are showing me pictures on their phone. I am more interested in the ones that they flip through super fast while searching for the ones they want to show me. Yet I successfully remind myself of the importance of timely appreciation and how much we crave it as humans.

The Winner of the Finest Post Award is @jayasala42 Ma’am for the response in
    Status Anxiety Syndrome

Jayasala Ma’am’s post beautifully captures the human desire for recognition and appreciation. It gently yet honestly examines the psychology behind this with examples from everyday life, mythology, and social media. We want God to appreciate us and God is apparently also fond of being praised. :blush: Thank you Ma’am for this insightful and thought-provoking response. We will remember parts from it now and then long after reading it.

A special thanks to @HariLakhera ji for the snippets he writes. Without these there wouldn’t be responses like this month’s winning post. And thanks to @Laks09 and Thyagu @Thyagarajan for bringing the winning post to FP.

The nominations, Likes, and comments in the FP threads from all are much appreciated. It was a shorter month but we got no less than eighteen nominations!

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana

A great choice for the finest nomination.

@jayasala42 Madam,

Thank you for continuing to contribute such wonderful responses to other threads as well as for writing threads of your own.

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It was indeed a captivating read that leaves so many indescribable feelings, thoughts and emotions in the mind. The post has God and Lord Krishna presented as those who will help but prefer to be specifically sought. Further reading took me on a most delightful set of browser tabs to search up many things including the etymology of the word "kural".

Etymologically, kuṟaḷ is the shortened form of kuṟaḷ pāttu, which is derived from kuruvenpāttu, one of the two Tamil poetic forms. According to Miron Winslow, kuṟaḷ is used as a literary term to indicate "a metrical line of 2 feet, or a distich or couplet of short lines, the first of 4 and the second of 3 feet." Source

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Despite there are a lot of fight in the political field, Dravidian parties claiming Thiruvalluar as their guide, The national party claiming him as a Hindu, His 1,330 1 and 1/2 line poems stand tall even after so many years. There is so much of incredible wisdom shared in those lines. There is something for everyone be it a home-maker, householder, administrator, professional or a businessman. Thirukkural is translated into so many languages.

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42 ma’am - Congratulations on the FP win! Such a beautiful post!

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42
    Hearty congratulations Madam!
    That was a wonderful response, a kind of which that can come only from your keyboard:blush:

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana
    A great announcement!
    But praising you is like praising myself. Ain't we twin souls? :blush:

iyerviji, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

super announcement. Thanks to @Rihana .
    Congrats to akka(அக்கா) @jayasala42 for the FP Award. A song befits the occasion to celebrate

iyerviji and Rihana like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @Jayasala

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame