Finest Post Winner - December 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I stepped out to bring in the mail early this morning. In those few short steps, I noticed the quiet street, the trees with a few leaves that have still not fallen, the gray but not ominously so skies. You know how gray can be a calm, content and hope filled color too? Yes, it can.

The gray color pencil or crayon sits calmly in the box sure its turn to be used will come soon. The child's little fingers or the artist’s gracefully slender ones will one day reach for the gray in the box. The gray crayon knows that, believes that, and reminds us. Still enroute to the mailbox, I wondered what leaves think just before they leave the tree and descend to the ground. Are they sad to leave the tree or excited like a child going down a slide? Does the tree feel like a parent who’s sitting in Starbucks crying into her coffee just after dropping off a child to college? The parent perks up when thinking of all that space in the child’s bedroom to dump the dried laundry. Does the tree look forward to a lighter version of itself for a few months?

For the curious – no, I still haven’t made it to the mailbox. I am soaking it all in, noticing things that are easy to miss and savoring the feel, sound, sight and creation around me. Srama’s snippets always inspire readers including me to take a moment now and then to pause and wonder, reflect, and listen to the silence and noises alike.

Yes, the Winner of the Finest Post Award is @Srama. I see absolutely no reason whatsover to make myself choose one from the three fine snippets. : ) So here all are of them:

For That Child in All Of Us!
    Doom Scrolling!
    Noise And Joys!

Thank you @iyerviji, @Laks09, @Viswamitra and all for the nominations, Likes and comments.

Happy New Year to All.

Viswamitra, Srama, Laks09 and 3 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Srama

Congratulations . Glad that your new year gift I could give by nominating your post
    Thanks Rihana for selecting

Srama, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to @Srama for getting FP award for Dec22. And best wishes for happy new year to all IL'ITES.

Srama and Rihana like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

Let this new year bring the best for you and in you. Congratulations for winning the finest post for Dec 22.

Srama, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

A picturesque
    A picturesque prelude enroute to announcing the award conceived in delight of grey using grey matter.
    I enjoyed reading multiple times and this deserves award of the year MMXXIII.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    REGARDS.
    GOD - in your world every day is ANEW and your folks I trust celebrate. All because you keep revolving earth in orbit around You.

Srama and Rihana like this.
  6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:cheer:Congratulations Sabi :cheer:

Rihana, Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Rihana and Srama like this.
  8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana
    You never cease to amaze me, Rihana!
    That was some Winner announcement, I tell!
    you!

9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Srama
    My dear Sabi
    What a glorious finale to 2022!
    I don't think my smile was this broad in recent years!
    Congratulations, my dear!

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Whoa! Dear Rihana! What a way to get one speechless? All I can think of is "A hat-trick, a hat-trick really"? I am grinning so wide - you have no idea. Not in my wildest dreams would I have seen this coming!

I want to say, I don't know what to say but Ri, you and I know very well that I have no shortage of words but this time you have made me speechless. All I see are bright lights, smiles and thoughts that say "What a grand finale to 2022" but wait, "What a wonderful start to 2023". How did you make this miracle happen, my friend? Not in my wildest of dreams would I have seen this coming - three nominations and all acknowledged and with such beautiful writing?

I do do that precisely, all that you have described....thoughts running a mile a minute in that serene environment helping me grab all that mail and not get frustrated looking at all the junk, mind going off on a rant about what a waste of paper, how did they get my information, how would they know if I needed that deal on those tyres and I just learnt that US uses "tire" for "tyre" - spellcheck made me check and of course I have tucked it away, it can be useful in the classroom you know :) - You see I did it again! But then how can I not reading the words you have written, but you write more eloquently! Ri, I am truly all grins as I type this. You spin magic not just with words but with your actions as well! And how I cannot thank the immense support I have received here not just for nominations but all the love you all show me.

Dear @Laks09 , my friend I am so grateful for you! I feel like I know you so well and you have always been there not just for me but for so many here in IL. Whatever you suggest comes from your heart and it is visible. Thank you!

Dear @iyerviji, Viji aunty - I don't know what to say but thank you not just for being there cheering me but also for that Ganesha drawing you made for me so many years ago when we met the first time to your blessings even today. Thank you aunty!

And finally, Dear V sir, @Viswamitra , no words to thank you - the encouragement you give not just to me but others, the spiritual thoughts you share making us all think a little deeper, are all priceless. More importantly, I don't remember you ever skipping reading what I write and not responding after all these years! Thank you sir. Hope you are recovering well.

And Ri, finally I have to tell you and I am sure this will make everyone laugh their way with joy into the New Years just like how I am doing - when I started typing my response, the first three words were "whoa, whoa, whoa!" three times and as I said that in my head just like that, well all I could think of was that it sounded like "panjurli from kantara" and I burst out laughing loudly and so made it only once but that sense of wonder and joy continues for more than just three whoas !

You have made my day, nah you have made my years - the one that just breezed by and the one that has stepped in so gracefully! Thank you!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Rihana, Laks09, iyerviji and 2 others like this.