Finest Post Winner - December 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Here's a list of the things that vexed me in 2021. The actual list is quite long, but we all have our own vanity. Mine won't let me post the entire list, which is a good thing. : )

- My kitchen stove seemed to be in constant use (by me) from 7 a.m. chai to 7 p.m. pasta. The feeling of turning into my mother grew stronger than ever. The majority of my memories have her in the kitchen!
    - As if by magic, the kitchen sink sprouted vessels all day.
    - Friends determined that I am a therapist and that no appointment was required.
    - While experimenting with new cuisines, I found myself waiting interminably for the cooker or other appliance to start or be turned off.

I was able to do some streamlining and outsourcing, but it was insufficient. As the year came to a close, the nagging feeling that it shouldn't be so difficult and that I needed to better identify the "time wasted" was ever present in my mind. This month's winner is jam-packed with advice on how to make the most of the twenty-four hours we all have each day. Without further ado:

@hrastro is the Winner of the Finest Post Award for her response in Productivity.

Many of us have seen HR's excellent posts over the years, and this was no exception. What struck me was that she returned after her first post and added advice for mothers with school-aged children.

I will be making this quote from HR’s post a part of my 2022 guidelines to live by:
    As women, we are emotional beings, we want acknowledgement, we want to be cared, we want our families to be thoughtful and kind to us, we expect the world to be fair to us - these emotions are the biggest time wasters - forgive, forget, cut out toxicity and toxic people, be independent, pursue your own happiness and dont care about negative people - that is the biggest productivity gyan !

Thank you @Mistt and @Viswamitra for nominating the winning post.

Thank you @iyerviji, @Laks09 and all who participated in the FP thread with nominations, seconding and Likes.

Laks09, Metamorphic, hrastro and 6 others like this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@hrastro
    Hearty congratulations hrastro! You are as consistent in your highly readable and educative posts as Bradman was in his batting! You certainly do add value to IL:blush:

hrastro, Rihana, Srama and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Mistt
    Dear Mistt
    Your consistency in nominating highly readable posts is certainly giving this contest a healthy push. Thank you!
    @Viswamitra
    Dear Viswa
    Though you have excused yourself from continuing as an Official Nominator, I am sure Finest Posts will continue to enjoy your patronage
    Sri

hrastro, Rihana, Srama and 2 others like this.
  4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @hrastro on winning the finest post award:number_one:. I hadn't read your past posts / threads which you had posted before 2016 but I will read them as I knew value of your posts.
    I loved above lines and eventhough it becomes hard to accept when I'm in distress. So, I wrote it in my journal for not to forget for the sake of my peace of mind.

5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Thank you uncle for your kind words but I'm like a cheer girl here :cheer:. I have been getting gyan/enlightenments while reading worthy posts in IL and must say Thank you for all the posters who have been taking time to post their valuable
    Guidelines.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

My hearty congratulations to @hrastro for her excellent contribution to "Productivity" for women in two invaluable posts and no wonder she won the finest contribution for the month of December 2021. It is only appropirate we end the year 2021 with recognition for her series of contributions to IL family. Excellent choice @Rihana.

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

With Orion's health issues, my MIL eye issues, my health issues and my tight schedule for the past 2 months prevented me from contribution to the finest post section. I will be back in the year 2022 with rigor and discipline.

hrastro, Rihana, Cheeniya and 2 others like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hearty COngratulations @hrastro ! Your enthusisam is eveident in everything you write. Hope to read more of you.

hrastro and Rihana like this.
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Heartiest Congratulations, hrastro! A well deserved win, indeed!

upload_2022-1-1_20-19-22.jpeg

9. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @hrastro :cheer::cheer:
    I keep reading your pointers again and again in Productivity thread. So useful they are.

10. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Wow ! What an exciting surprise for the new year !!

Thanx a million, ILs and @Rihana and @Viswamitra and @Mistt and @Cheeniya sir

Being a teacher, it is very easy for me to get into the lecture mode, so I am happy that my "lecture" was so well received and won the Finest Post Award for Dec 2021.

Thank you @Srama @satchitananda @Anusha2917

It is really a coincidence that my first win of "Finest Contribution" was on the same date - Jan 2, 2013 - @Rihana had suggested for it to become a sticky thread and @iyerviji amma had informed me about it - for the thread:
    What can You Make in 10 Minutes from Your Kitchen Right Now for Kids?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    iyerviji, Mistt and Rihana like this.