Finest Post -September2007 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Sep 1, 2007.

1. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    i would like to nominate cheeniya's post extra marital relationship(first post).Needless to say abt a few words and a phrase of appreciation:clap .It will be done by you and already done by seeing immense number of responses for that post.So it becomes default:exactly: .So i don't want to add anything in this post.Hats off :clap to always rocking cheeniya sir.

extra marital relationship

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi all
    I wish to Nominate Vysan's reply (#33) to my post, 'Children in tears' for the best post of September.
    We often hear very lofty lectures on Charity but this is one area where preachers hardly practise what they preach. But here is a young man aided by his very benevolent and understanding wife, Shanvy is silently doing what he can for the Children. It may not be anything big but it is like the squirrel's participation in building the Ramasethu! His post brings out the deepest charitable spirit in the human heart.
    Read about it here:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/cheeniyas-senile-rambling/9208-children-in-tears.html#post128231
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi
    Thank you for your nominating my post, Extra Marital Relationship!
    I do hope that you have nominated it only with the view of commending it to more viewers. I do have an assurance from the talented duo of Vidya and Kamla that my posts will be excluded from consideration of the coveted award in defference to an expressed wish of mine
    Sri

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan,

Thanks for your nomination. I feel Twinsmom is her own competition..a gifted writer indeed.:)

L, Kamla

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi,

I appreciate your nomination and the support you are giving this forum. Cheeniya's posts can be read again and again and we will not tire of them.

L, Kamla

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya,

Thanks for your nomination. Fact that the post is being nominated by Cheeniya himself is tribute in itself.:)

We do remember our pact...hope that satisfies you ?!

L, Kamla

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tamildownunder,

When good posts, articles and stories are written by our members, I am sure it will be appreciated and some members make it a point to nominate them for the FP of the Month.
    I know you have some ideas about how the FP of the Month should be conducted. Nothing you have said has gone unnoticed. Every idea of every member is always taken into consideration and enough thought is given to all the suggestions and tips. After all, it is only us members who can help our own website..right?
    It is also true that some of the suggestions are taken up immediately, some are pondered upon and some are totally ruled out for various reasons by the administrators and moderators.
    Without going into minute details, I want to let you know that we have given a deep thought as to how to choose a worthy post to be the winner and so far, I think everyone is satisfied with it. No one can 'influence' these selections. ONLY the quality of the nominated post can. Please be assured.
    Hence, please do not assume what people may think and say. " Kuch tho log kahenge "...hain na?:)
    In spite of all that I have said here, the final choice is yours of course. I, on behalf of the IL Team will be Very glad if you let your nomination be. But if you expressly want to withdraw from the contest, it is up to you. It will be sad because you do contribute many good posts and this way, it is brought to a 'spot' light. I shall await your reply.

L, Kamla

8. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear TDU,

I just now read your post here and it made me ponder. Your thinking that the post with most responses should be the one to be nominated and chosen for the finest post is very democratic indeed, but in reality, it will become like our elections :mad: :mad: !!. The purpose in having a finest post contest is not to judge it by the popularity of the thread or post ( you would win hands down for the brain teasers one:2thumbsup: ) , but to bring to life posts or thread that struck a cord in you when you read it and you feel that people will benefit from reading it. I am sure Ms Chitvish benefitted by your humurous story ( after all laughter is the best medicine) and so nominated it. If you do notice, sometimes after the posts are nominated, it rekindles the thread and lot more responses come in. We in IL sincerely believe that good posts should not get lost in the myriad of threads and posts being posted in the forums daily. This is one way to bring them back to life and also a small token of ours( moderators and administrators) to salute all the members here who post some inspirational, thought provoking, humorous articles to make our days better. I do hope you understand the reasoning behind having the finest post every month , and also the reasoning with which the judges judge the contest.
    Everyone is entitled to have different views and opinions and we do respect yours. So please be warned that you may still receive nominations for some other posts of yours even if there are no responses to it.:2thumbsup:

Regards
    Vandhana

P. S Kamla/Vidya, please forgive me tresspassing here, but i had to reply to TDU.

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vandhana,

IL and all its forums are open to all of us and there is no question of trespassing.:) Besides, you have gone out of your way to clarify the purpose of Finest Post of the Month. I could never have done such a good job of it. Therefore, thank you so much.

L, Kamla

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear TDU,

Your request will be respected. All the same, like Vandhana says, you cannot prevent members from nominating their favorite posts and it may very well include one of your posts.:)

L, Kamla