Finest Post Ribbon Tenor

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Iravati, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Hello!

Me, the trouble maker again. I assumed that the FP ribbon is valid for the winning month but I just noticed that mine has not been removed. First: How long does it last? Second: I am extremely sensitive to colours. Can I claim some dispensation and be exempted and have my regular label restored. Thanks in advance. Hurray! I waited for a month and miss my normal status.

Thanks.

IL_Admin likes this.

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Only to colours? :blush:

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ira, I am the bearer of not so good news. The FP ribbon stays on for 6 months but I've noticed some members, like our own very reluctant Soka, who thought he has to rent a tux to accept the FP win, have the FP ribbons for well past 6 months.

You might prefer the older method of honoring FP wins? Send your postal address and you will receive a wall hanging. You can remove it from the wall when you please?

Question - Did you mean to type 'Hurry' when you typed 'Hurray'? If not, what is the hurray about? Being able to wait a month?

4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

You ruined my weekend! I was grilling halloumi at all grill temperatures to see where that halloumi with extraordinary reluctance would melt. You delivered the shattering news. Bawh! Bawh! Now, enraged, I will flame my halloumi.

upload_2018-2-10_16-17-6.png

I meant "hurray" that I was able to sustain my itch to ask for exemption earlier with the announcement but that is self-defeating as that would draw attention to myself the very thing that I am trying to worm out of. If this had been elsewhere and not a public forum, like small-knit whatsapp group, I would have set forth with banners and candles and anti-slogans for dispensation because I miss the regular status. Also, I reckon, only the winning month makes sense. So, I posted an open question. To me six months is a stretch and confusing ...who won when? Six months is Odyssian! I will scheme more while tucking in that halloumi on how to shave off remaining months of that "red" tenor.

5. Rihana

Well, at least, this February has only 28 days.

Seriously........ why are you so picky? Special accommodations? Like the diner who has so many change requests that finally the dish that arrives in no way resembles what the chef designed originally. One unhappy chef ready to quit, worried restaurant owner, frazzled waiter. Kya tho bhi hai, Ira? But why?

Consider putting up with the ribbon as taking one for the team. It tells readers that 'hey, this member won the FP award. Her post was considered to be the finest among so many fine posts. You should read her posts more often. Many read them even if not understanding all of a post. What you understand will serve you well enough.'

6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Thoda woda bahut picky types hum main! Why, I don't know. Personal aesthetics. Mom makes breakfast, I complain the pale whiteness of the not-so-white idlis! Idli should be as white as ripolin white. Unforgivingly sensitive to colours more than taste.

Next I should go and march at Zuckerberg for blue in Facebook. Blue! Blue!

7. Rihana

OK. I used to be too... abhi 'swalpa adjust maadi' is my middle name.

8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

That's reassuring. One day, may be I too would reform and drop that inelegant middle name which refuses to fit in passport forms. (winks). In the past, I was a spoiled brat, now I am only a brat. Yes, the foreshortening of that coiled name is happening.

9. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

I find the idea of Red ribbon for 6 more months under every winner very distracting, Instead a link in their signature to indicate which post of such members got this recognition would be better, so we can read that post and ribbon display moves to the next set of winners every month.

Forum owners need to think innovative ways to entice good writers to keep writing no doubt but having a ribbon for 6 months may not encourage to come up with good posts. Iravati might be exception and continues to write quality posts but exceptions are rare.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  10. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I urged you to ask questions and you have transcended my behest by asking intelligent questions! Way to go! I have conjured up all kinds of allergies and pretexts and sensitivities and sly maladies to obviate the need to utter "distracting". Yes, I do find it amusing as well with FP ribbon being widespread with 6 months tenor. We are talking of 12 members emblazoned with that laurel. It loses the charm and privilege! Having the ribbon displayed only for the winning month instills sense and speciality.

I dread to say such things squarely as I have misgivings on how that pungent insight would be construed by casual readers, therefore, I prefer circumlocution in Ira's style to spread my thoughts over arcane and mile-long posts so that impatient and high-strung audience may skip it. However, when someone bangs it so bravely and eloquently, I have no qualms in standing up and concurring with that shrewd observation.

Do you write anywhere, somewhere, do you have any of your chatty thread. Let me know, I will join you there for you know how to conduct with a plausible voice. I am impressed with your stout act. May be you want to borrow my ribbon?