Finest Post -October 2007 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Veda,

It is a special nomination when a winner posts his favourites. Thank you. You have identified three excellent posts.

Of course, you may nominate Shanti. As I told Indhu, just cos S is your wife, it does not mean you cannot give credit where it is due.

The posts of Anandachitra and Sriniketan are other hot favourites this month.

Cheeniya sir's hearty post 'An Awesome Visitor', which has many takers this month is awesome to say the least. And Varalotti made our eyes wet too, when he shared his heart warming viewing of 'I cried--'. Since both these greats have asked not be considered for the contest, we will read and re read their posts and gather all the learning we can.

We will put the links to the nominations. Thanks again for writing.

regards

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Veda,

thanks a ton for nominating my post, I cried.

I was also moved by the reply you posted there in that post. My watching that extreme makeover is one of the highlights of my US visit.

Thanks once again,
    regards,
    sridhar

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hello Moderator

I would like to nominate the thread "These nine days" in Snippets forum by Jaishree9.

This is my first time here so dont know how to give link.
    She first describes the nine days of navratri and how Devi is celebrated. How she
    personally does pooja and fasting and chanting.
    The teachings and Ramayana and ofcourse Garba.
    She then goes on to mention the modernization of festivals
    and statistics. Really very well written as it covers current festivals,
    current state of affairs and the interpreation of todays youth
    of our time honoured festivals and religious significances.
    Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2007
  4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Anandchitra,

Thank you for nominating an article 'These nine days' by Jaishreee9 . IT is not just topical but also very interesting and informative. We have seen a lot of you (rather your post) in FP this month, nominated. So, it is rather nice to see you nominating. We will insert the links to the post you have nominated.

regards

5. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Blondie,

Good to see you with two meaningful nominations. Thank you. Neesha has written well about the Indian diaspora in South Africa. I was in Durban sometime back and could have very well been in Gujarat or Mumbai seeing the Indianness all along. Neesha has rightly raised the questions of belonging of a minority in a globalised world.

regards

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Moderator:
    I second the nomination made for Neesha's thread. "Whos' my relative?". Going back in history with her rich experiences and excellent narrative style. Thanks.

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

My dear Anandchitra,

Thank you for seconding/nominating Neesha's post in 'Who is my relative?

We have seen your posts being repeatedly nominated this month, so it is rather nice to see you here with a nomination.

affly
    Vidya

9. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

Ok i am givng myself a hundred pats on my back for opening up the pandora's box for you:clap:clap. So to make life more difficult for you here are a few more nominations:

1. http://www.indusladies.com/forums/articles-and-middles-indian-writers/14382-mami-sundal.html
    Sadhana has brought back lovely memories of the just conlcuded navaratri. Gives a lovely insight to people on how integral a part Sundal plays in the South during these nine days!
    2. I am seconding the nomination for These Nine Days by Jaishree 9.

3. Thirding the nomination for Who are my relatives ? by Neesha

Vandhana

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Vandhana,

And let me give you another hundred pats for culling out three beautiful posts. Thank you for calling in again with these nominations.

'Maami --sundal' recaptures the simple joys of Navratri. In these times when Navratri is also becoming all about bling (not in IL and ILIte houses), Sadhana talks of simple joys of celebrating Navratri as a working woman, the aoma of fresh, warm sundal. Am amazing piece from the heart.

These Nine Days by Jayshree9- agai on Navrarti is another informative piece. She has touched on almost all facets of the festival. From Chandipath to garba to social malforms associated with modern day Navratri in youngsters- the piece is a warning and warming one.

Who is my relative? by Neesha is an excellent piece. In a globalised world where the Indian diaspora has made it big from humble origins as indentured immigrants---Neesha talks about a society and fraternity that is a part and parcel of all Indians.

Thank you,Vandhana. Please keep nominating.

regards
    V24