Finest Post -October 2007 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Oct 1, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My Dear Indhu,
    I have been thinking that No man is a hero to his wife. But now I know that the maxim is false.
    Though I had stated pretty early in the finest post forum that my posts should not be considered for the FP prize, I now feel, seeing your nomination, that I have won the prize. And this for me is winning a Booker.
    Thanks once again,
    love,
    sridhar

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Rajmi,

Thank you for nominating Cheeniyasir's post along with the entire thread. As you rightly say, Cheeniyasir has taught us how to approach the grave with a light step. And as you have rightly nominated, the entire thread is proof of the wit and wisdom of all our ILites who have responded warmly. Thank you for this nomination.

And while here, loved seeing pics of you, your lil girl and kolu in another room.

regards
    V24

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Varalotti,

Thank you for a post in Finest Posts. We always consider it special when The Mumoortis of IL- Mrs ChitVish, Cheeniya sir and Varalotti visit us within a week.

Your entire series on Varalotti in US is an incisive insight into life in the US of A, albeit seen with a different, enquiring eye. You have mentioned in your parting post (from US)- that u have a look of wonder. There can be no better way to approach life anywhere in the world than with a look of wonder- the miracle of life and lives around are always miracles. And one has to wonder and question about it to seek the right and rightful answers.

I am glad that Indhusri's nomination is akin to Man Booker for you. Admiration is most indulgent when closer home- be it the wifey or your readers in IL. As we always said, the contest is just an exciting, renewing feature of Finest Posts.The philosophy of Finest Posts is to make sure that streams of thought are shared more inclusively. By nominating your post and drawing attention to it, Indhu has managed to do just that. And besides,your posts are all time winners.

regards

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitvish, Indhu and Rajmi
    Thanks a lot for nominating my tryst with Yam titled 'An awesome visitor' and increasing its exposure! It has always been my endeavour to look at the lighter side of things all the time no matter what they are! My recent haemorrhage was no different. It was just another episode in my life and it was in my hands how to look at it and what to make of it. The fun part of such episodes always helps us to deal with the situation better. In any case, what is the point in sulking eternally about things over which we have no control?
    In this context, I only recall an incident attributed to the tennis ace, Arthur Ash. When he was afflicted with AIDS and living his dying moments, someone asked him, 'Why has it to be you, Arthur?' and he smilingly replied, 'You never asked me that question when I won my Wimbledon'
    Sri

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya,

It is my privilege to visit this forum where nothing but the finest are discussed, and where two of the finest women I know are in charge.

When I started writing about my US experiences I did not think that I will run a ten part serial. The enthusiasm of ILites - both in the US and outside - was a major inspiration.

And the series is something that I should mention in my CV as it has earned appreciation from my wife and my first editor.
    While I have been driving vehicles ever since I was in Grade 8, it was in 2003, when we went to Munar and I was forced to go back in the car uphill for about a mile, that my wife acknowledged me as a good driver. After 2003 the next high is in 2007 when my writing is accorded the same kind of recognition.

And Vidya, before signing off, I cannot help but admire the way you and Kamla manage the show in one of the IL's most prestigious forums. The way you people weather storms and the way you people help enjoy a good weather in this forum is a matter of pride for every ILite. I like the way every word, every post in this forum is responded with vigour with unbelievable promptness.

Keep up the good work.

regards,
    sridhar

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,

Am on a short vacation...logged in to peep here !

Loved all the nominations for this month. Have to catch up on reading some, which I will do when I return home. I am so proud to belong to a forum that houses such an elite group of writers!

Secondly, a great and impressive job Vidya. Nice to see you in action and read your words ! A pleasure.

See you all soon....

Love and miss you all....Kamla !!

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear K- I am glad that you are enjoying a vacation. What with me never round in FP for two months, you have been doing everything yourself so well. I am rather relieved that you are taking a break, more so that you will be back soon.

Dear Le C (Cheeniya sir)- Will we ever tire talking about your fine works? The awesome Visitor is quite in the genre of Panchatantra tales - innocent, but packed with a lesson. I have learnt from you that the best way to approach a situation is to make light of it.

Dear Varalotti- Thank you for your kind words about FP. All credit goes to my senior partner (as I always stress; senior in grace, wit and wisdom) Kamla who has a kind word for everyone. Your posts are also lessons in living and we hope to read more in the time to come.

And while we are here, ILites where are the nominations??? Keep us busy!!

regards
    V24

8. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Hi Vidya/Kamla

I liked the poem posted by Shanti -As I walk through my memories. Really wonderful. Cannot believe that it is her first attempt. Keep writing Shanti. My best wishes for you.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/159448-post1.html

regards
    vidhi

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Vidhi,

You always have a nomination for us and a good word for everyone! Thank you and we want more of it, please---

Yes, Shanti's piece is amazing. Thanks for the nomination.

regards
    V24

10. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am for the first time nominating a post... I dont know the rules and regulations... So bear with me...

I have quite a few in my list... There were lot of good articles, which made us to think and look into our lives and evaluate...

1.An-ad-that-whacked-me - By Shanvy... I dont know whether I can nominate Shanthi being my wife...
    2. Saving-is-clutter-throwaway-clean - By Anadchitra
    3. Guess-where-in-world-place - By Sriniketan

These three articles talked about what we do on our day to life and the issues related to that.

Ofcourse the two great stalwarts who rocked the forum:

1. An awesome visitor by Cheeniya
    2. I-cried-too-seeing-tv by Varlotti

I dont know how to give the link... So may I be excused...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2007