Finest Post -October 2007 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear, dear The C,

Cheeniya sir- look what you have become in IL! Quite an institution!

Very,very happy to see you here and thanks a million for nominating a post. I too read AC's 'I too made a list'. She has this knack of bringing out the essence in her own style. A great post, by a great writer, nominated by another great writer.

Way to go, Finest Posts!

regards

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear TDUsir,

We are always happy to receive a nomination and so when it is from the writers in IL, the nomination speaks for itself. Thank you for putting your choices here. Anandachitra's 'I too made a list' crops up now and then in this month's nominations. Again Sriniketan's ' Guess where in world is this place' is quirky and wise, I thought she had described my dining table.

Thank you ,TDU sir for two splendid nominations.

regards,

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi V24,

Looks like I opened up Pandora's box for you. Have a good mind to tell Kamla to let you handle it all alone. And i will throw really tough ones in the box for you to judge:) :)

Just loved this piece written by Kamalji : Kids

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/14026-kids.html

So guys and gals, lets make it difficult for V24 for this month shall we. Rush with your nominations.

Vandhana

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Vandhana,

I love it when my life is made thus tough! You see, under the tough cop exterior, hides a sensitive, reader's soul.

But then, thanks, Kamalji is one of our latest gifts in IL. And I wonder how I missed 'Kids' till you nominated it here. It is really good.

Please keep nominating. Thank you and greetings on Navratri!

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi!again, Vandhana,

I missed out this point in my first post. Actually, I owe a special apology and thanks to the 'goodest cop' and my senior partner (senior in grace, wisdom and tact)- Kamla. For the past two months, Kamla has been working by herself here while I was down with one snag after other. Replying, making index, setting up guidelines- she has done everything with finesse, that it is amazing.

So:clap Kamla!

6. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear all ,
    I take great pleasure in nominating 3 posts which i liked the most .

Firstly , i nominate " I cried ! That too on seeing T V show ! " by Varalotti Rengasamy , my dear husband ! ( I hope u all will accept my doing so !)
    Momi's selfless service to mankind even in her poverty , got her & her family every pleasure of life which she would never have dreamt of ! Majic of LOVE , Majic of COMPASSION has been depicted beautifully by him - right from his heart ! " The scriptures of all religions proclaim in one voice : What you do to others , you actually do to yourself " How true ! I am proud to say i 'm the first fan to V R 's writings !

Secondly , i nominate Cheeniya sir 's " An awesome visitor ! " Yam & CG - cute imagination ! He has narrated the ailment that visited him cruelly ,with his own way of wonderful humour ! We should learn the lesson from him that the only way to get over ANY sort of problem we happen to face , is to take it in the lighter way . Very enjoyable post !

Thirdly , i nominate Anand Chitra's " I too made a list " ! Her's is a cute family , full of love & care - she is blessed . She has written so beautifully about her family & happenings over there ! The lesson she learnt is a lesson to all of us , isn't it , my dear ilites ? Nice write up !

Affly ,
    Indhu .

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2007
  7. contest

contest Guest

Vandanaji,

thank u very much for nominating my " Kids ".I am very touched by your kind gesture.Thank u so much.But u have not put in the comment,which please do.
    and it has received just 30 hits.HAHA.Thanks once again.

I liked Twins moms piece about envellopes recently, i dont remember the name of the blog, yes,
    " The Woes of Giving Gifts".Super one.

Loved Veda's " I think i love my wife"

I liked so many blogs here.From now on for the next contest, i will make a list as i finish reading a blog, and as soon as i like one very much, i will copys paste the link on the Word pad, and post the nominations of my choice and liking( and none of them will be mine,so be rest assured:-D ).

I am sorry this time,but i will make it up the next month for sure.Thanks and regards.kamal

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2007
  8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Indhusri,

Way to go, sweetheart! Welcome to Finest Posts!

And what striking nominations! Of course, you may nominate Varalotti's post. Just cos he is your husband, you should not balk at giving him credit when due. " I cried ! That too on seeing T V show ! "is one of the best in the series 'Varalotti in the US' which holds many new insights into a way of life in the US.

I love equally Cheeniyasir's post on Yam and CG. And as you say, the only way to get over a problem is to accept it lightly. Cheeniyasir's post teaches us the right way to live and die.

Anandachitra's post, 'I too made a list', crops up everyday. We are lucky to have her blogging often and so well in IL.

Thanks, Indhu for visiting this thread, making three nominations from your heart. When you write, you key the words from your soul.

regards
    Vidya

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,

Good to see you in Finest Posts! We welcome all nominations, and when the writers in IL nominate, it encourages the nominee a great deal.

Veda and Shanti have already won the contest last month. Their post is an all time winner, with so much to teach on acceptance, compromise and love in a marriage. We all love this post, but since it has won once, it is supra contest material.

Twinmom is another gifted writer who can turn the daily mundane into readable magic. The Perils of gift giving is a gift to us from her.

Dhanyavaad Kamalji, aapke kadam aasman chchooein and we hope to see you again - nominated and nominating in this forum.

regards
    Vidya

10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I too wish to nominate Mr. Cheeniya's thread (the entire). An awesome visitor gave an insight as how to take such incidents in our life.