Finest Post - November 2007 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Nov 1, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla and Vidya,
    I would like to make another nomination for the Finest Post of November. Today I happened to read Malspie's public profile. Very impressive and inspiring. Especially the section relating to "My Parents" and "My Life So Far"
    It's a tale of confidence brimming with enthusiasm. I want all the ILites, young and old (I am sorry, there are no old ILites at all. All are young!) to read it.

Technically it is not a post. It's just an ILite's profile created by herself. But that does not in any way interfere with the quality of the post.

Here's the link to Malspie's Profile.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/members/malspie.html

regards,

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Mr. Sridhar,
    Thanks for making Mals profile a finest post. I am thanking on her behalf just because, I have taken a cue from her profile as to how I want my daughter to become. My daughter is almost like Mals, and I understood that if taken in the right path she will one day sure to be the best competitor for Mals.

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

I had not read Malspie's profile till you have pointed it out to us by nominating it for FP. Thanks doubly...for nominating and for bringing this to our notice!
    It sure is an impressive profile and we do seem to have a live wire amongst us:)....I say so as from where I stand, she seems so full of energy...I can only dream of such energy!

L, Kamla

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

This is a real surprise for me.. 'My Profile' nominated in the Finest Post Category and by SRIDHAR HIMSELF!! I am overwhelmed and would like to thank you very much. I am just an ordinary girl trying to niche a corner for myself in this world.

Thanks once again Sridhar.

Regards

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rajmi,

Thanks buddy for seconding the nomination. If your daughter is like me, then my sympathies to you. I have created a hell for my parents as a kid. I was very obstinate, had my own ways (always) but was good at studies. They could never catch me there. I was a bit more matured for my age. Groom her well, she will make you proud as I did to my parents...

Thanks once again..

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamla (The Beautiful),

Compliments from you raise my spirit and make me run around the site with more 'Watts' !!!

Thanks for jumping in to my profile and reading the long piece patiently. I would have never bothered to write so much in a public profile. I was getting many PM's from few members to enhance my profile. The message that I would like to pass on through my profile is, "believe in you and go with determination, trust God, success will follow, Please do not associate yourself with pessimistic crowd".

My doctor has finally concluded my three weeks fever to "Janudice". I am still bouncing around. Can't be tied down, very restless nature I have... You have sensed it correctly...

Thanks Sweetheart!!

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Every time you address me, I feel really pretty Mals! :queen So keep at it!!
    Sorry about the jaundice, take care and give yourself some rest...Health is wealth!

L, Kamla

BTW, I think the new smilies are simply rocking..:cool2:

8. Shanthi

Shanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I would like to nominate Ria's reply to the post 'Need Advice' in the 'Me and My Spouse' section.

The post was about the frustrations of hard working mother who got no support and only criticism from her husband.

Ria's reply is so practical ( atleast for most women ) and gives ladies a sense of what to do in such a frustrating situation. She makes us realise that it is not just the man's fault here but also that of the woman involved here. She tells us how a woman should react to this kind of situation from day one to avoid these situations.

This is a very useful piece and I am going to take a printout and read it till I remember every word.

This is an enlightening piece of information. Posted the reply below
    :party

Love,
    Nalini

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/me-and-my-spouse/15843-need-advice.html

Hey Ladies..

I loved reading it all. I think I can totally relate to most of it. But I made sure I dont get victimised like that. In my case, I was little lucky that my SIL is working in US too . My Husband see, BIL sharing work with her and even my ILs keep telling my husband to help me.
    But all that is just surface level. There goes lot of tact and affection to get our man to do something for us. I totally beleive in one advice, an old Parsi lady gave me. She had this very neat house, 4 dogs and one very loving husband. So I just asked how do u manage all this. And how ur husband helps u so much in household stuff. She said. I will share my little secret with you. "Men and Dogs both need training" :hatsoff There I got my Benchmark rule in marriage. It s very very true.
    My husband is equally lazy if not mor ethan any husband described here.
    But I have made some rules for myself as well to make sure he does his hous hold work.

- If there is anything he s not willing to help. That thing will NOT happen in our house. If he s not helping in kitchen, we are eating out. If he is not putting clothes in washer , we wont have clean clothes for that week.If he s not doing groceries, we will not have breakfast for whole week. If he s not doing his part of work in moving to new house. We will NOT MOVE.If he is not doing Vaccum clean I WONT EITHER.
    Simple. Learn to forgo things, DONT TRY TO BE SUPERWOMAN. which is our biggest problem. Why we have to try to be SUPERWOMAN. When men are not even trying to be GOOD husband forget SUPER HUSBAND. I think we all set our bar too high. and in the process we get all tired and jarred.
    Few good pointer could be..
    -- DONT OWN UP all responsibility,
    -- from day one of marriage dont try this extra goodness factor. Be normal Wife. Being normal is what we can sustain for 50 years.. not being great. So set the expectation right..
    -- And the kind of disparaging and self-degrading comments your husband is making. Just tackle them from very first time. Dont tolerate for 99 comments and shoot down on 100th one. In that case, you are at fault. when he s speaking the first wrong comment. put ur foot down. Remember by you reaction to it, you are training him . so TRAIN HIM RIGHT. Dont leave the notion that he can get away with saying that most of the time. No that s not right.

-- In your particular case since you have trained him in undesired manner for 9 years. You have slowly un-train him and train him right. As someone mentioned, start giving some mild chores to him. If he doesnot do.. let things slip. Dont do it. Just go some day out of ur home, leaving daughter with husband. Kids can straighten father better than wife can. He will get lot more training in those 2 weeks.

Last but not the least, Never forget to please your ownself.
    -- Always go for nice massage monthly
    -- Go for nice pedicure , manicure.
    -- 20% time dont cook. Just get food from outside.
    -- Do things which make you happy

All the best
    Ria

9. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Thank you Shanthi/Nalini.
    Your appreciation is like a medal to me. In my personal opinion I rank you very high in IL's forum. I find your suggestions greater than my mind could ever think. So thank you for giving the praise. It does mean a lot to me.

:bowdown

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I am very happy that Mals 's post has been nominated.I have always had great admiration for this young woman who has matured at a very young age.Hope to meet her sometime.God bless her and the lucky guy who marries her.Mals ,coninue the good work........