Finest Post - November 2007 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    I wish to nominate the thread
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/15392-what-getting-ready-your-kitchen.html
    for the sheer simplicity of the topic ! Almost, always, when two or more ladies( definitely of our generation) meet, the one question, each asks the other is "what did you cook today?" !
    Before deepavali, this query is asked by everybody to the other, without fail. The other's plan, very often answers us if we are unable to decide what to do !
    Every night when one ILite or other comes online for a chat, the first question they put to me is "what for dinner?" !
    Such threads make ours a very cosy, enjoyable forum, is my humble opinion ! I love such light, enjoyable threads very much. Yes, I know, I am a "foodie" - so what??
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla and Vidya, the fine moderators of the Finest Posts Forum,

I am pleased to nominate Padmasowrirajan's summing up of my serial SHE as the finest post for November 2007.
    I am in a delicate position and I am afraid that there may issues regarding conflict of interest in this nomination. I was a little hesitant whether I can nominate her post appearing in my forum. Then I realised that I was in no way responsible for her brilliant post and hence there is no conflict involved as such.

But honestly ladies, Padma, had read the whole serial in one go and had brilliantly analysed the characters and the story line in her long post which appears under the final episode of SHE.

Her style and diction is exemplary. While we may not agree with her on all the points but I am sure, we will all agree that we have a brilliant analysis there.

Here's the link to the post:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/10956-she-final-episode-4.html

Padma, looking forward to more such posts from you.

regards,
    sridhar

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Mrs ChitVish,

Yes, I know, I am a "foodie" - so what??

So what?? All I can say is good for us in IL that you are a foodie! And not just an eating foodie( like yours truly), but a gourmet chef foodie who shares her recipes willingly and happily!

Thank you for nominating such a simple yet honest and endearing thread. This month we are seeing fewer nominations, but fit ones, if I may say so. A different genre of threads and posts are being nominated like Faces Behind the Names. And now this one. Food serves as one major connecting factor in lives and this thread is topical, timely and worthy of nomination. Thank you! Happy Diwali!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Thank you for visiting us in FP with a nomination! This is a hallowed day for us, two of the IL Trinity making nominations. Now, if Cheeniya sir would drop in too, we will sing 'Hallelujah'!

I read the post by Padmasowrirajan this morning and found it very analytical to say the least. Glad to see the post nominated here.

In my opinion, there is no conflict of interest here, since in IL we are among friends. But you cannot absolve yourself saying that you are in no way responsible for Padma's fine post. If you had not written SHE so well, Padma would not have replied so incisively.

Thank you again for a different nomination. Happy Deepavali!

regards
    Vidya

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends
    I wholeheartedly nominate Twinsmom's 'Confessions of a diehard procrastinator' for November 2007.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-confessions-of-a-diehard-procrastinator.html

In fact, left to myself, I would not have nominated this post today but only around end of the month as I am the worst procrastinator this side of the equator! This post is in the nature of voix de IL as I am sure that allof us have this great virtue in abundance and can easily identify ourselves with the writer as Rajmi Arun has already done!

Twinsmom is a highly gifted writer who has a subtle humour that keeps every reader's face alight with a smile. I am aware that she has won this award last month but I consider her as a very strong prospect to perform a hat trick!
    Sri

6. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

I wish to second Chitvish for What is getting ready in your kitchen for this Diwali. That thread gave me lots of ideas, though I was unable to implement this year, I will definitely try some of the sweets next year of course with a clear recipie at hand.

Also I wish to second Mr. Cheeniya for the thread by Twinsmom. She have clearly bought out how we all postpone even trivia matters.

8. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

Marriage and Emotional Needs

Hi all
    Being a few weeks old member, I haven't done much reading, but tried to read few posts. So, I would like to nominate "Marriage and Emotional Need - a reverse example", which is the foremost post i read, and which made me come back again and again to the forum, and read other posts of the writer.

Marriage and Emotional Needs- A Reverse Example

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2007
  9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniys sir,

November is becoming a sacred month for us in FP. The Trinity making nominations. Thank you for identifying another super post by Twinsmom. I am amazed at how she identifies the simple foibles in the human and makes them an introspective essay. Move on GKC!! But, C, I am the numero uno procatinator ever on either side of the Milky Way. Noone takes that away from me till tomorrow, that is.

regards
    Vidya

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Vidhi,

While we enthuse over new ILites who enter FP and nominate, it is a special joy to see regulars like you coming back. It gives us a cosy feeling that someone is watching out for us always. Thank you for an instructive nomination. Padmasowrirajan, though a new member is making her mark- being nominated. I read the Lock and Key of Life. I loved the part where the mom says that the children have to learn to get dirty to learn to wash and keep clean. Very good one. Thank you for the nomination. Come back, again!

regards
    Vidya