Finest Post Nominations - September 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Sep 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winterhue

winterhue Gold IL'ite

Thank you Rihana. Coming from you , a superstar in IL, these words mean a lot to me! Everything you put in quotes are things that I wish someone had told me in the past 4 years. Grief was an alien emotion to me until I lost my mom, so the struggle was real. I am always vocal in IL on dealing with grief, because I understand the value of words that may help dealing the pain and confusion .For me, IL is the family that helps each other and I was just being a good supportive sister to OP :)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Thanks @Viswamitra, @Mistt and @Rihana.

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana,

I am here to nominate @1Sandhya's response Im Feeling Very Depressed And Angry. Please Advice. Her thought process is very systematic and her recommendations are fabulous for a confused wife to derive an answer. Decisions taken impusively are dangerous. I have read several posts suggesting to use the discriminative mind but how to do it is well defined in her response.

1Sandhya, Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  4. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

I would also like to second Viswamitra's nomination@1Sadhya's response to I am feeling very depressed and angry. She has made a detailed analysis and given some good suggestions.

1Sandhya and Rihana like this.
  5. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @Viswamitra ji! Your nomination means a lot to me.

Rihana likes this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viswa, thank you for nominating @1Sandhya's response in Influence Of Friends And Their Accessories On My Kid

Though I've read a lot of helpful parenting resources over the years, no book or parenting blog prepared me for the task of scheduling playdates and dealing with the politics that go along with it. Each potential playdate has its own set of difficulties. Sandhya has given OP there some sound advice on dealing with the play-date buddy and the friend's mother, while taking into account the child's age.

1Sandhya and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Rihana

It's great to see @1Sandhya writing in the Snippets section! Thank you Laks for nominating Level Up!

It's a message that we all need to hear now and then not to live in the past or to keep reliving it. Sandhya has used the analogy of a poker game to illustrate her point: a new day implies new cards, and the old ones are gone. My takeaway was that, just as we move on from losses after learning a lesson, we shouldn't dwell on our wins or successes for too long.

1Sandhya and Viswamitra like this.
  8. Rihana

Decluttering provides both visible and intangible advantages. The cleaner home with easy to find items is just the first result. Among the hidden benefits are a sense of accomplishment, a reduction in stress, and a feeling of control. And the donated items go to someone who can put them to good use.
    I liked reading @Needtobestrong's Decluttering And Organising - Lessons Learnt. And it also lead to tips and useful do’s and don’ts pouring in from others. My little personal success at decluttering has been a paperless desk, no post-it's, and very little visible paper at home in general.

Viswamitra and Needtobestrong like this.
  9. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @Viswamitra garu for your kind words and for nominating me.

10. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @maalti for your encouraging words. Much appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.