Finest Post Nominations Of The Committee - December 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana
    Thank you for your nomination of the response by @Laks09 to the thread Should Ladies With Mental Deficiencies Get Married
    Who am I to comment on such a helpful response with full of concern and compassion? Tell me Rihana, I have been wanting to ask you a question. When people like Laks show such concern for fellow members and respond with a great sense of compassion, why do some members turn out to be killjoys with a mindset that I have never been able to understand? Why do they do this? Can't they change after seeing the likes of Laks ? Sorry for digressing and I hope good sense will dawn on them!

Thyagarajan, Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  2. Cheeniya

@Rihana
    Thank you for your nomination of the encrypted post of @Novalis in the thread What Has Your Spouse Done That You Cherish The Most?
    The post gets more encrypted with the footnote posted by her about 'some' moderator deleting it. I am as clueless about it as you are!
    Coming to the post by hers, I always get fascinated by whatever she writes whether it is about making spicy sambar or about some obscure character in mythology. This post is 'a chip of the old block'

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Thank you for your words and I noticed that you even gave a "like" to my post :)

Regarding the chanting, I am with you - pronunciation is important. That said, I have heard from some that the language itself can be understood at 7 different levels and as we grow spiritually, our language also evolves and pronunciation gets better bringing better benefits - it is all about sadhana I guess. After I wrote that sentence, I realized it is true of any language - our inner growth reflects in our speech!

Thank you also for always being so encouraging and generous with your words. You have known me here on IL for ages and to continue to shower me with praise means a lot. Thank you for your blessings.

Have a wonderful start to the New Years @Cheeniya sir! Happy New year!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sir,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m humbled and honored beyond words can express.

I don’t know if I’m always compassionate. I’ve had my fair share of back and forths here. It’s a resolution on my part. It might have been three years ago. I decided to only post helpful responses as a part of a New Year’s list of resolutions. I believe the resolution was to post only after pausing, re-reading and thinking if it will hurt. I haven’t been able to fulfill that resolution fully yet. I miss my mark all the time. I do get irked and push that post reply button without pausing. Later on, I admonish myself for it. I think it’s easy to speak my mind but it is better to be compassionate. I try make myself just skip threads where my opinion won’t help. Even in a couple of very recent threads, I felt I should not have posted it that way. The short edit window doesn’t help at all!

Thank you @Rihana and @Cheeniya sir for noticing my efforts. I’m yet to get there but hopefully I’m better than what I was four years ago!

Thyagarajan, Rihana and iyerviji like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Metamorphic likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

My fifth nomination for the month of December 2020 is @Bubbles suggestions to a mother who is already doing a great job of managing two kids, keeping the house clean, and work from home in the pandemic period. First of all, thinking that clearly is hard enough, and articulating it for the use of someone else is another uphill task. She did a fantastic job of helping a young mother by stating that she needs to be already happy with what she is doing day-to-day. A sound and balanced advice for someone who is trying her best but still facing criticism from the husband.

Balancing Kids And Work At Home With No Help

Bubbles and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

My last and final nomination for the month of December 2020 is 5 Healthy Eating Tips During Covid-19 written by @DavenaRosalie. She wrote the practical tips for everyone who is locked into the house due to COVID-19. Frankly, many of these suggestions we need to practice even on normal days. I am a bit surprised that this post didn't have many responses since October 15th.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @Metamorphic 's response in the thread Lengthy Phone Calls
    The post shows how diplomatic Metamorphic is. Her suggestion to keep off 'intruders' may really work!
    That's indeed something that I will include in my quotable quotes!
    Sri

Metamorphic, iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Bhagavad Gita is one such. From age of twelve to seventy+ , the reveals varied.
    Thanks and Regards.

Srama likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @Laks09 's response in the thread How To Cope Up With Anxiety?
    I should say that dealing with such subjects is chickenfeed for Laks! Just read this:
    Need I add anything more?
    Sri

Laks09, Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.