Finest Post Nominations - October 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Oct 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Rihana

@Mistt thank you for bringing to FP @Gauri03's response in:
    How To Get Our Life Put Together?

OP there shared a vague sense of dissatisfaction with life that plagues the best of us now and then. Gauri has provided concrete, actionable steps to try. The simplicity of the statement, "Take a piece of paper and draw two columns on it" touched me in an unexpected way.

Only Gauri can explain subjects like CBT and Behavioral Activation in plain terminology with examples that everybody can understand. And the thoughtful invitation to join the 75 Hard challenge thread or to try the worksheets in private.

On a lighter note: My offline 75 Hard Challenge includes "Do not issue sarcastic statements to family." Such as "kitchen closes at 2 pm. Does this look like a drive-thru? Would you like papad oops fries with that?"

More embarrassing than the challenge itself is that I give myself 1 day off each week. :facepalm:

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

God bless! This is second nomination for the current month from my posts/responses.
    Thanks for the details which impelled philosopher to nominate this post on hard drive. True incident I recalled in this that happened at my prime days. I was 27+ somewhat cowering inside my attire in front of that colonel!
    God Bless.

Rihana, Laks09 and Viswamitra like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  5. Rihana

My Dear Meri Pyari Viji, it felt so nice to read the deep message embedded in a simple narration by @maalti
    The Realization by @maalti.

"Life is all about how you handle Plan B." ~ Suzy Toronto.
    The realization applies to many things in life, but is especially important for children in their high school and college years and their parents.

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Quote of Suzy succinct.
    @maalti - rejoice your post stands nominated for current month FP by no less than a veteran @iyerviji .
    God Bless

Rihana likes this.
  7. Rihana

@Laks09 thank you for bringing this fine post to FP. It was great to read an update from @BhumiBabe after so long in the thread: Husband Drinking Problem And Threatening Divorce After Arguments

And what an update it was! You have already summed it up very aptly. All I can say is, if my daughter ever needs any help or counsel in life, I sincerely hope she finds people like BB to turn to.

Thank you BB for taking the time to share your update. I am sure there are many silent readers who will draw inspiration and reassurance from it. You are a class act. No matter what challenges come your way, you do not take short-cuts - you even went to India when asked or compelled to try that.

BhumiBabe and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Rihana

Another fine pick by you @Laks09.

@beautifullife30's response in Preparing For A Move lays down how to navigate difficult conversations with parents. In a traditional joint-family, the older generation has the authority by default. In the "modern" joint-family, the younger couple are often the decision makers. Delivering some decisions to parents can be tough. @beautifullife30 has listed implementable suggestions.

SGBV and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Rihana

Thank you Viswa for nominating this enjoyable snippet by @Thyagarajan : An Uphill Task

For some reason, I half expected the Colonel will offer Thyagu a cigar at the end. : ) And will tell him that what happened in that barsaat ki ek raat* will remain a secret. : )

The ending comment from the Colonel is left unanalyzed and it is up to the reader to reflect on it. Neat.

The snippet also reminded me of the car manuals. I recall there used to be at least two manuals in the glove compartment of the new car. As if they hoped the new owners will at least read the thinner one.

I hope Thyagu will keep writing more such snippets. I always look forward to them. And also rue missing some of the earlier ones when they were first posted.

* one rainy night.

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Rihana,
    My second nomination for this month goes to @SGBV's post of Life Is A Matter Of Choices!!!.
    I just love her thoughts below and agree with her completely.

Rihana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.