Finest Post Nominations - November 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Nov 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana

I am here for one more nomination for the month. It is Smt. Jayasala's Make Hay While The Sun Shines. What a great concept that is. I wish it is implemented in other countries as well through a formal process.

Rihana likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Viswa for nominating this unique analysis of time's passage by @HariLakhera:
    The Best Prophet Of The Future Is The Past.

Hari ji does facilitate us to think deeper. He has given a starter on past, present and future that we can build upon. It's fascinating to think about related concepts such as spending time or wasting time. And time's sister concern: patience. I was reminded of the famous line: "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."

HariLakhera likes this.
  3. Rihana

Viswa, I agree with your observation. The way the question is phrased in the opening post sets the tone for the thread and makes people respond or skip replying. @Needtobestrong has neatly phrased a potentially tricky question in Are Beautiful Ladies More Successful?. Each response was thought-provoking.

But you didn't really understand the language! So, your attention was not distracted by the words in the movie dialog. You still needed so many viewings to prepare for future letter writing? I think you should continue to reflect on this part of the past for better understanding. : ) : ) : )

You are on a roll with nominations, Viswa! Thank you for bringing a response by @Mehana from the "People Who Impressed You" thread to FP: People Who Impressed You

What a lovely narration by Mehana. The neighbor mom's qualities, Mehana's own misgivings and the simple yet powerful life lessons one taught to the other are beautifully presented in a short write-up.

Needtobestrong and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Rihana

Looks like we have a lot of nominations around the concept of "time" this month. An apt coincidence as we inch towards the end of another calendar year.

Thank you for nominating the post, Viswa. The foreign student's narration about the Swiss "time bank" model is interesting to read.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I tried to get off the hook and apparently that was not going to happen in the near future! I placed an argument that I was a teenager and didn't have any spiritual development at that time but it didn't work. Now, the argument that I was trying to find how short my letters should be by viewing Dimple Kapadia's dress is also shot down because I am Hindi challenged?

Note: I guess I need to come back one more life and write many more spiritual threads to erase that sin. :(

Rihana likes this.
  6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot to respected IL members who nominated me and appreciated my thread..
    That itself is really encouraging.
    I will post some more interesting threads when I get free time.

7. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much, Rihana Ji.

8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    Happy Belated Thanksgiving! It’s the time of the year when we reminisce about all the beautiful memories we are thankful and grateful for. @Kohvachn has described a beautiful memory with Paati.

When we are first generation in a brand new country, we have the opportunity to make our own special traditions, add to it over the years and enjoy the additional festivities to our repertoire of celebrations. I have never thought about the future generations and how what we do now will be enhanced and enjoyed for generations to come.
    Kohvachn has aptly put it. Traditions do get richer over time!

I would like to nominate this write up of kohvachn Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail for finest post.

Kohvachn, Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
  9. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Thank you @laks and @Rihana for the kind words and the nomination . And my sincere apologies for replying too late.

Viswamitra and Laks09 like this.
  10. Rihana

Thank you Laks for nominating this heart-warming post by @Kohvachn.
    Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Kohvachn has described it so vividly that one is taken back to one's own childhood and those memories that can get hazy but are at the same time joined by the new ones we form.

A lovely nomination to wrap up the month.

Laks09 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.