Finest Post Nominations - November 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Nov 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana,

You can't be everything to everyone around you. While social, professional, and personal relationship define our lives, often, we get carried away and forget besides all these relationships, there is a thing called, "self-care". @Gauri03 explains it very well in her response Navigating Family, Career And Self.

Rihana, Gauri03 and Laks09 like this.
  2. Viswamitra

@Rihana,

I am here to nominate @DDream's response I Am Confused..need Suggestions. Only here in IL, we can see a person analyzing the situation from a distance and try to provide a good advice without hurting the OP. DDream has been doing that in may such threads without any expectations. It is amazing to watch how the members help each other in setting their married life straight without much of sufferings. Emotions do play a major role in spousal relationship and one can win over the other only by understanding the unspoken words hidden in the actions.

Rihana likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

@Rihana

I am here to nominate @umaakumar 's story Blind Faith. Initially, when I looked it, I thought, can I finish it one attempt because of the length of the story. When I started reading, I didn't feel like stopping in between and continued reading till the end. She narrated so beautifully the evil effects of people falling prey to a cult and how it influences the life of the adults and children.

Rihana likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I totally agree with you Laks. The topic of @NOW's thread Navigating Family, Career And Self is always a timely one. : ) The posts in the thread have something new or reminders of what we already have practiced in the past. As the year slowly draws to a close, the thread provides good points of reflection which will help us identify what habits to keep and which to move away from.

Thank you NOW for the thread. Thank you Laks for nominating,

Laks09 likes this.
  5. Rihana

".. honest, raw, open conversation ..... disagrees with grace and puts forth so many points that are worth pondering about." Those were my thoughts too when I read this response by @beautifullife30: Hate Begets Hate

Such responses take time to compose in the mind and then transfer to the written word. Thank you for nominating, Laks.

Thank you to beautifullife30 for a response that had examples to substantiate the arguments. If only our politicians took some clues from regular citizens:

Mistt, beautifullife30 and Laks09 like this.
  6. Rihana

Great find, Laks! I am surprised it remained unnominated for almost two weeks.
    Response by @Caughtinbetween in Quality Assurance - Entry Into Workforce

CIB has listed the bare facts about consulting agencies, included practical tips for the job hunt, and provided much needed hope and morale boosting. This will be helpful to any one looking for a first job or after a break.

Caughtinbetween and Laks09 like this.
  7. Rihana

A nomination by @Kohvachn. What a lovely post-Diwali surprise! : ) I am reminded of this old one:
    Q: What animal hibernates while standing on its head?
    A: Yoga Bear.
    Another classic "we-can-do-it and here's-how" post by @Gauri03. I have always found that Gauri's posts take what seems impossible or extremely challenging, break it down into doable pieces, and follow that with real example and experience.
    You are right, Viswa. It is so easy, tempting and natural to forget the importance of self-care. Thank you for nominating this post that reminds us to find the time for self-care.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Laks09, Rihana and beautifullife30 like this.
  9. Rihana

Viji Meri Jaan, thank you for bringing this crisp post to FP.

Response by @anika987 in
    How To Accept The Reality Of Life? How Did You Deal With Some Heartbreaking Situation

Anika has provided a set of succinct thoughts and to-do's. Each one of them can be a thread-starter. : ) I absolutely loved the one that is just two words: "So what?" That's a question we should ask ourselves more often.

"All these never give up, dare to dream slogans forced by the society is causing so much pressure and stress amongst us humans."
    Totally agree. Add "Lean in" to that list of slogans.

anika987 likes this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks so much Rihanna for the nomination! You never fail to encourage me:)

Rihana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.