Finest Post Nominations - November 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Nov 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for supporting the nomination, Viswa. It is a complex topic fraught with fears, belonging, and history. Gauri's post widened the scope of the discussion as well as imparted a depth to it.

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Rihana

Dear Viji, you are my role model for the walking in the journey called life. Your saralta (ease and simplicity) of being is something I aspire for.

For the next generation, given their modern life-views and challenges, for my child, I hope she reaches a small percentage of the courage, fortitude and nobility of thought that @BhumiBabe demonstrates through her writings in many threads.

Coming to the nominated post:
    https://indusladies.com/community/t...ultiple-failed-marriages.314404/#post-4225817

The post should be a must-read for any one contemplating marriage. As it says there, "getting married" shouldn't be the goal.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    Laks09 and BhumiBabe like this.
  3. Rihana

Before social media became ubiquitous, when we met people or called them up on the phone, conversation started with updates of life since the last meeting or call. Now, thanks to FB (Meta?) and all, people already know the updates : ) and some of them dive straight into interrogation.

@Vedhavalli's post How To Deflect Unwanted Questions From Friends,relatives &acquaintances lists some neat responses and also asks questions that made useful responses pour in.

Thank you for nominating this useful post, Viji. Deflecting unwanted questions should be an elective in high school or college. : )

Laks09 and Vedhavalli like this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    You know too well the Mommy dilemma! I have never been able to figure out a way to juggle it all and be efficient in everything. If I take care of myself and do my yoga diligently and teach DS ans stay on top of everything that needs doing at home, then I’m never giving my 100% at work(even a regular programming job). If I’m paying attention to work, then I’m not running. If I’m paying attention to my workouts, then I’m not getting my DS at a time when he’s fresh and able to learn. When I’m focusing on DS, things like forgetting to pay bills, call landscaper, fix the leaky faucet etc doesn’t get done. I don’t think I’ve ever been able to give everything my attention. I’ve reached a point where I have accepted that I can’t quite possibly do it all. I prioritize and each month something gets dropped to the bottom of the list and I’m ok with it. @NOW has started a good discussion on how to juggle it all at Navigating Family, Career And Self. She also has started the discussion with her pointers. I’m sure we will all get to learn a thing or two from this thread.

I really have to follow the above. Thank you @NOW for this thread!
    I would like to nominate this post for FP!

iyerviji, Rihana and NOW like this.
  5. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

Well said, I am the same way just like you described. My work suffers through Navratri, Diwali or any other festivals that need some elaborate festivities. My home falls apart when I have to problem solve something with an imminent deadline at work. By weekend the house becomes a mess and by Monday the motivation to tackle extra projects at work is low . On top of it the daily, weekly chores and routines !! Managing children's homework, activities and play dates. On the same day I will envy both the women - one who is senior VP at work and another a happy & healthy homemaker. LOL !! I want it all BUT I know I cannot have it all in the practical sense. That's why the probing on how you all do it so that I can be more constructive rather than aimlessly throwing darts everywhere and hoping to hit the targets. Above all I love to hear from the wise who already walked down the path and just to assure it can done albeit in one's own way.

6. Laks09

Rihana,
    The art of disagreeing should be a mandatory subject in schools worldwide. I've moderated forums for a while now. Disagreements are a part of life here but the way people disagree has put us in a spot sometimes. I'm loving the honest, raw, open conversation @beautifullife30 is having at Hate Begets Hate . She disagrees with grace and puts forth so many points that are worth pondering about. It's an age where you say anything in disagreement with the popular opinion and you are skewered and mostly via social media. Some of our disagreements end up being shared only with the cloak of whatever anonymity the forums offer.

I love this quote. I got a good teaching moment about it just a few days ago. I hope everyone is able to move beyond their past injuries but as someone pointed out, just because you let go of your hurt, doesn't mean I have to forget about it.

I would love to nominate the post for FP and am waiting for more of similar debates from both Gauri and BeautifulLife.

Mistt, beautifullife30 and Rihana like this.
  7. Laks09

Rihana,
    My favorite posts are the ones that help the OP. I invariably learn something from such posts. @Caughtinbetween has always given helpful tips and tricks to posters entering the workforce or querying related to work. Her experience sharing is helpful not only for the OP but for everyone needing a perspective from someone who has been there done that. This is one such post Quality Assurance - Entry Into Workforce

I like how there is this different perspective she shares about failure. We need to have more people talk about how struggles are just a learning experiences and not necessarily doom scenarios.

I would like to nominate this post for FP.

Caughtinbetween and Rihana like this.
  8. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

Had always wondered how some do it all and wished to know. I'm glad OP brought up the question. Nominating the same.

Rihana and Gauri03 like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Rihana and iyerviji like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.