Finest Post Nominations - November 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Dear @satchitananda ,

Since you have pretty much covered all the nominations here , I just wanted to make sure that my nomination of @jayasala42 didn’t fall through the gaps . That post does need a special mention . Thank you

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunburst,

Extremely sorry for overlooking this nomination. I have added both your nominations to the index, but somehow escaped my mind to respond. Apologize profusely for the oversight.

I have responded to Thyagarajan's post in the thread itself. Needless to say, JS Ma'am adds a lot of value with stories from a bygone era which many of us were not there to experience. I love the way she takes a balanced view of the positive as well as the negative aspects of life in those times without just painting a glorified version of it.

Thyagarajan and Sunburst like this.
  3. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

No need to apologize. I understand its not easy being a moderator and going through each and every post with a busy life . What you do is a lot of work and I for sure couldn’t have done this .

Thanks for looking into it . I just wanted to make sure their posts are being recognized .

Thyagarajan, Amica and satchitananda like this.
  4. satchitananda

Dear JS Ma'am,

Sorry, it appears I have missed out replying to your nomination. My sincere apologies. Thanks for the nomination of this wonderful thread. Thyagarajan has taken us back on a nostalgic trip of old days, which many of us have experienced first hand and others have occasionally had the opportunity to witness when visiting grandparents. Your own response in the thread also made very interesting reading.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Satchi I just had my lunch and you have mad me hungry again with all the talk of solid dahi and bakarwadis.

Thyagarajan, kkrish and satchitananda like this.
  6. satchitananda

LOL Balajee. What did you expect from a dedicated foodie? And that is the ultimate praise I can heap on any piece of writing!!! :p Actually somebody was talking of the homemade dahi here in Bangalore. It can't compete with that Chitale's dahi. The reason is probably the difference between cow's milk and buffalo's milk.

Thyagarajan and kkrish like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My desr here Satchi

I nominate @teenulahari's The Change Since I am typing from mobile I am not able to give the link. will do so tomorrow Morning

teenulahari and satchitananda like this.
  8. satchitananda

Dear Vijima,

Thanks a lot for the nomination. Really loved reading teenulahiri's post. I am so happy that she has found the secret of living in the moment and finds a big change in her life. She has managed to do something which takes people years to work out.

teenulahari likes this.
  9. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

satchitananda likes this.
  10. satchitananda

Thanks a lot for bringing this nomination to FP, Amica. A post after my very own heart. :)

Amica likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.