Finest Post Nominations - March 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Mar 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks very much Anna

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    Everyone goes through difficulties in life. Some people have the wherewithal to compose themselves much sooner than the some others. @sunnysideup had a harrowing experience that she has jotted down Beware Of Scams

It’s probably hard to navigate a new country and all these new laws and regulations. Immigration and INS are always painted in such a harsh light that we tend to believe scammers who cone after us pretending to be the INS/IRS etc. Deapite all she went through, she has written a well thought out post. I specifically liked the steps she has listed under each of these headings:
    This details how believable these people are and what to watch out for.

Important red flags.

Following up with what actions to take is so important for anyone going through such things.

Lessons. Harsh times leave behind lessons!

She has wrapped up with why she shouldn’t beat herself up about it. I feel every victim replays situations in their head to see how this happened. Letting go is important for us. It helps us recover and pay attention to our surroundings so we are aware of the next such thing.

I would love to nominate her for FP.

Mistt, Rihana and Cheeniya like this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    I’m here with another thought provoking response. @PurpleRoses has responded in her usual well balanced style to this post When Mom Became Mil..

We all have such high ideal images of our parents. We often see them as extraordinary and when they show us ordinary human emotions, sometimes we are just not ready for it. This is especially true when it comes to the in-laws dynamic.

I should pin this quote somewhere. I’m a very black and white person and regardless of the gyaan I’ve received over the years I revert back sometimes.

So true. We can’t control what our FOO does. Better to not get too worked up about this.

I’d love to nominate Purpleroses for FP!

Rihana likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  5. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much @Laks09 @Thyagarajan and @Rihana for your kind words. Trust me, it means a lot and offers me comfort.

Acceptance is not easy but we don't have a choice. There is never enough when it comes to parental love. Our hearts always yearns for more. Many times I reread what I wrote and cry even more. But that's okay. This is how it is supposed to be.
    My LO loves books and she sometimes brings her brother's books and demand that I read it to her. At such times I simplify the story to her level and show her the pictures. The other day she brought 'The Lion King' book and this is how I explained to her what circle of life means. I told her when I was little my favorite play was to dress up my dad with braids/clips/pigtails. Today she is doing the same to her dad. Tomorrow her daughter might be doing to her dad. I saw her big round eyes getting bigger with astonishment. She thought she was going to have a daughter literally 'tomorrow'. I was just laughing my heart out.
    Yes, I introduced my favorite childhood play to my DD and sometimes DS too joins her. On one such lazy Sunday afternoon after a heavy meal, DH was comfortably laying on sofa and kids were 'working' on their dad's hair with much enthusiasm for over an hour. After they were done and moved on to another game, DH was telling me that he attained the ultimate reward of having kids :) He said that in general anybody gently working on your hair is very comforting but then when these little ones with their tiny little fingers work on your hair it just takes it to another level and nothing in the world can come close to it. He said it is indescribable and that one has to go through it to realize it. I was emotional to hear that thinking my dad must have felt the same with us :)

Thyagarajan, Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

It transported my mind to the days when I as a boy worked on tresses of my Amma & younger sister and much later as a young married man braiding the very long thick dark hair of my spouse. I liked instantly spouse tresses from day one as I saw her before wedding and her braided hair dangling side to side as she emerged out of her office walking majestically across on the Mount road.
    Thanks and Regards.

Rihana likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much, Mistt, for bringing this comprehensive response by @beautifullife30 to FP.
    Dh's Empty Threats - What To Do?

Mothers often have the thankless job of playing messenger between kids and their father. When all are in the same house, this is a tough job. When the father is traveling, even more so. @beautifullife30 has given suggestions that are on-the-dot for such situations. She then followed it up with how a woman can become stronger mentally by simply taking all those fears head on and identifying methods to deal with those.

Many of the suggestions in this response can be applied to other situations in life as well.

Mistt likes this.
  9. Rihana

Thank you @Laks09 and @iyerviji for nominating the response by @PurpleRoses
    When Mom Became Mil..

When women deal with in-laws problems, if they have a younger brother, they instinctively try to prevent such problems in their brother's life, starting with the bride search process itself. But as PurpleRoses wrote so well in the response, some events have to unfold in their own time. New brides and new MIL's need to be left to figure out their dynamics themselves.

Laks09 likes this.
  10. Rihana

My Dear Viji Jaan, a nice find and nomination of a delightful snippet by @Thyagarajan
    Never Judge In Haste

The swift paced narration takes us on a whirlwind tour of the six eventful days from Sunday to Friday. I could imagine the red hanging mailbox and the young man surreptitiously dropping the postcard in it while also checking the next clearance time. The little white lie to the wife about the postcard is only the first of many to come as the man learn to balance wife and parents and peace at home. : )

Agree. It felt like a breath of cool fresh thandi hawa to read the nomination. If I may take the liberty to post a video here:

iyerviji, Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.