Finest Post Nominations - March 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Mar 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Holi is a festival I have always enjoyed celebrating with friends, neighbors and others in the community. I am one of those lazy people who show up with no colors or any thing to help with the celebration. : ) Luckily, I am welcomed all the same. The last two celebrations in my community were cancelled. I am looking forward to at least a few small gatherings this year.

Happy March, folks. As we celebrate this colorful festival, I hope your month is filled with days that bring you joy, and this thread is filled with Finest Post nominations of all hues and shades.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

One third of the month is over and we don't have a single nomination. It's quite worrisome. Isn't it?

Rihana likes this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    Happy March! Happy Spring! Where is Spring? My green babies are still indoor waiting for the feel of the sun. Hopefully Spring equinox is the day they to bring them outside!
    Speaking of babies, @Caide has shared some beautiful thoughts about her fur babies at My Life Before And After With Pets

When you suddenly find yourself caring for a tiny being completely dependent on you and when it begins to show you adoration, it’s something.

I’ve felt partial too! I’ve course corrected, just like Caide.
    It’s so good to have a fur ball waiting at home. Especially while doing hard things. This unconditional devotion they have for only their mom and her reciprocation is all so beautifully depicted. They’ve broken through her barriers and found their way into her room and heart of course!
    I’d love to nominate Caide and her fur babies for FP!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    Rihana and Caide like this.
  4. Laks09

Rihana,
    Parenting is such a tough job! I think we can all write books on what we did when ____! I’ve always felt better when others can chime in and give their two cents on how they managed certain situations.
    @mangaii has given @anees perspective on being that absent minded person at Need Suggestions For My Daughter's Peculiar Problem

And this last bit stuck to me. I’ve taken my absentminded kid to task and refused to replace lost items because of how careless she is! It’s only when I loosened up and realized how she knows the value of things but can’t help her absent mindedness, that we came up with some real strategies that help her!
    I would like to nominate this for FP!

Rihana likes this.
  5. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for nominating me and my fur babies @Laks09

They indeed broke many of my barriers , now I am being partial to my dh to the point that he keeps mentioning he miss me

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

0.41935 part of the month is over.
    We have received just 2 nominations.
    I have just one nail left to chew. Please save it!

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rihana likes this.
  8. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Hi all

This is my first ever nomination in IL for finest posts.

I would love to nominate @SGBV's Economic Crisis In Sri Lanka

Excellent write up about her views ,her wish, her comparison about the things between the present,past and future,her suggestions and how she wants her future to be is very good

Rihana likes this.
  9. Laks09

@Rihana - I have found some valuable tips from the succinct yet extremely helpful posts of @MalStrom . She is able to convey in a sentence what I often take a paragraph for. Her latest respond to Soulful here What Should I Do? is but one example.

She starts off by saying what the OP cannot fix.
    She goes on to give the bigger perspective.
    And she closes off with a reason as to why.
    When our own parents are the issue, it is extremely hard to be practical and look at it unemotionally. This post is going to be really valuable for the OP.
    I would love to nominate it for FP!

MalStrom and Rihana like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the bhoni nominations, Laks. I felt like a lakshadhikari on finally seeing the FP thread in Latest Replies section. : )
    A touching account of life and life with pets by @Caide in My Life Before And After With Pets!

You really have a way with words, Caide. It is always a pleasure and an honor to read your snippets. More to say in response to this nominated snippet.. will post in the thread itself. I need to gather my thoughts a bit first ...

Caide likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.