Finest Post Nominations - July 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra sir - Thank you so much for your nominations. In my books, with your nomination, I’m a winner already!

Thyagarajan, Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Laks

I also second @Viswamitra has written about you though I don't know to write like him.
    All your advices are super

4. Laks09

Thank you Sweet Viji Aunty. This itself is such a big win for me!

5. Laks09

Rihana,
    I have always loved the moms and the occasional dads here on IL. I've seen how hard each tries for their children. I'm amazed at the new crop of tech savvy Grandparents lately. @umaakumar for instance has started this thread School Issues With 4 Year Old to understand and help her grandchild. The entire thread talks of her concerns for the little precious and she is looking for ways to help the parents cope. With such involved parents and grandmother, I'm sure the little one will thrive in her new environment in no time.

I would like to nominate Uma's post for FP.

6. Laks09

Rihana,
    I love positive updates, as you probably know by now. I absolutely love it when ILites go through their struggles and chart it here and then come back with a victory lap! That's my favorite kind of post. I would like to highlight @Vedhavalli's victory here Inquisitive Aquaitenances On Crucial Time
    This is a huge achievement. I was helping a friend prep for something similar but she didn't clear her phone screen. It's very hard to get into these re-entry programs. Going through a break, forgetting everything and starting back again from skill refreshers, skill building, new interview processes, it's all a huge undertaking. Vedhavalli faced it head on and succeeded.She did have her moments of self doubt fueled by unwanted influences but she steered herself back on track and won. What a victory!

I would like to nominate Vedhavalli for FP. She is an inspiration for many, especially those that are restarting their careers and going through the process of self doubt.

@Vedhavalli - Congratulations! I will be cheering you on. You will find your tribe at work. I have found my biggest cheerleaders amongst the people I worked with.

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Laks09 and iyerviji like this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anika starts a thread on Chemistry and we will be still posting responses, or like me, still composing response in mind, and she will already have started two more equally thought-provoking threads on Maths, Social Studies and Geography. : )

Rebuilding “chemistry” In A Relationship.. by @anika987
    Only Anika can write a post that says all is good, hoping for a tiny bit more, and wrap that up with a "it is fine if the tiny bit more doesn't happen."

A highlight of July in IL for many of us was to see posts by @yellowmango after a loooong long time. It makes me very happy to see a post by yellowmango nominated for FP.

Response by @yellowmango in A Vent
    As always, solid and easy to implement suggestions from YM.

iyerviji, Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  9. Rihana

Thank you for bringing these gems by @Laks09 to FP, Viswa. I can see why you felt they deserved to be nominated though by committee member. And my personal gain is that I had briefly skimmed both posts on phone and missed many things such as the Sanskrit exams update!

Responses by @Laks09 in the threads:
    Staying Focused To Study
    All I Think Is About Food Food Food !!

We all like to help others, but providing that help is an art, a skill. Laks brings a finesse and compassion in responses that is unparalleled.

Thyagarajan, Viswamitra and Laks09 like this.
  10. Rihana

So nice to see a nomination by you, @Srama. The delight is the same as I feel when I step into my backyard and recall a snippet of the season by you.

Anusha is posting less often but, by God, when she posts, she makes up for the absences.

All I Think Is About Food Food Food !! by @Anusha2917

As Srama remarked there: "I loved your writing - the unabridged version of your feelings and thoughts."

Indeed it feels like we are sitting in the same room as Anusha and her friends or family. The temptations of the food, the resisting, the giving in, and the resultant dismay... all are so endearingly captured in the post.

And all those Indian food items made me so hungry and nostalgic too. But the post and responses also gave me renewed resolution to watch what I eat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.