Finest Post Nominations - January 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Oppssss.... How I missed this thread? I didn't know my posts were nominated until I saw this wonderful reply from @Rihana. Thanks dear.

Thanks a million dear @Laks09 and @Viswamitra sir for the nomination.
    You guys are like my Gurus, and one of the strongest reason behind my happiest life today. Words can not explain how you influenced me when I was so down and hopeless a few years back. Thank YOU :)

2. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Oh wow! Thank you so much @Laks09 for nominating my posts.

Actually that workshop was extremely useful and opened my eyes to so many facets of American society. Maybe if there is interest I can talk about it in a separate post. Interestingly at the time when I attended the workshop I was more worried about my self and my kids due to our new status as brown immigrants in Trump’s America! I wanted to know exactly what were our rights and what to expect. Of course that was then at the beginning of that particular saga as we now all know so well. The result, what I learned from the workshop was mind blowing and very eye opening and covered so many areas- the rape laws, traffic, entrapment what to do when you are stopped by the police, etc etc. Lots of really practical info. DV was only one small aspect of it. When I read @Eagerforinfo’s question it brought the DV aspect of it back so I wrote what I remembered.
    I sincerely wish the information brings some help and hope to people who come here looking for help but not exactly knowing what the laws are or what to do.

Thank you once again @Laks09 . Thank you @Rihana for your appreciation.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    Laks09, Cheeniya and Rihana like this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Rihana and DDream like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana

I am here to nominate @Metamorphic's response What Makes A Man Stick Up For His Wife In The Same He Defends His Mother?. Her response made me sit up and read as though I am reading a Vedic Scripture. Her every word in this response shows how much wisdom she has about the aspects of marriage life and how to deal with them in real time. Such responses should be treasured, read and reread multiple times.

I lost count of how many I have nominated but if it exceeded my quota, please bear with me.

Metamorphic and Rihana like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

In any month that @DDream is posting in IL, I have come to simply expect a few posts by her to be nominated for FP. Thank you @iyerviji and @Viswamitra for nominating two insightful posts by DDream this month.
    Response by @DDream in How To Deal With Disappointment?
    DDream divided the solution steps into four distinct parts: the job hunt, the PILs, the husband and the OP herself. Clearly stated suggestions with tangible to-do's.
    Response by @DDream in How Do You Face Criticism Of Being Called Unlucky
    I cannot agree more with you Viswa. About both, the unlucky tag issued by in-laws with no other material, and that DDream has given the OP there practical suggestions -- empathized with OP's feelings and also provided pithy responses. This is one thread where I am really hoping OP will come back to post a happy update of successfully shutting up such comments from in-laws.

DDream and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Rihana

It was a pleasure to read @iyerviji, @Caide and @SuiDhaaga all posting here about this lovely snippet: Memories
    Response by @Caide in Memories
    It is not an easy task to write a deep response to any of the snippets by our dear @iyerviji. But @Caide pulled this off beautifully. Thank you Caide for a heart-warming narration about yourself, your mom, dad and your in-laws. It feels so good to read such a writing.
    Sui, as noted earlier, this post is not eligible for nomination but I can see why you nominated it. Only @iyerviji can pack so much emotion, wisdom and experience in such a short writing.

Caide likes this.
  8. Rihana

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  9. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Rihana

Rihana likes this.
  10. Rihana

Thank you Viswa! I can't believe I would have missed such a post but for your nomination. It deserves to be made a sticky in Relationship forum. You say it was like reading a Vedic Scripture. Coming from you, that is higher than the highest compliment a post can ever receive. And this post definitely deserves that.

Response by @Metamorphic in
    What Makes A Man Stick Up For His Wife In The Same He Defends His Mother?

The below part in the post reminded me of some of my dear ILites friends who don't post any more. I was thinking how much they would have appreciated this post.

Respect her [the MIL]and appreciate her as a person for things she deserves and don't let the insecurity that is caused by your H by his attachment to his mother, cloud your reciprocation to genuine gestures/emotions from her.
    One of your finest posts ever, @Metamorphic. :worship2:

Metamorphic and Viswamitra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.