Finest Post Nominations - February 2023

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Feb 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana,

I am here to nominate @SGBV's response Mother To Two Girls. It is so satisfying to see mothers becoming role models for their daughters. There is a dialogue in James Bond movie, "There is no point in living, if we don't feel alive". Life is there to enjoy and fulfill all our wishes and the external factors should not ruin our pursuit of happiness. Only thing we can train the children is to be aware of such situations and risks associated with them.

I never had a biological sister nor I have a daughter. Hence, many women in the age group of 35-40 here in my city when they call me "Appa", I feel very happy.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    Rihana, SGBV and swarnamary like this.
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana - @SGBV is on a roll! Her post nominated above by @Viswamitra had me nodding in agreement every step of the way. Then I read this other one How Can I Help Myself From Self Torture? and could not help but come here and nominate.

Behind every success is a ton of hard work and self doubt. I’m glad SGBV posted this. I’m always awed by people’s self confidence and this gives us an insight into the unseen. The parts which we don’t often get to find out, the sweat and tears and hard work - for which there aren’t any substitutes.

I’d love to nominate this post of SGBV for FP

Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Rihana likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Guys, I am so sorry for the late in responding. Thank you @Viswamitra, @iyerviji, @Laks09, @Thyagarajan, @Mistt for the nominations that have poured in so far. The nominated posts are diverse and range from parenting woes to computational thinking, the significance of a festival and responses to a member who wondered why do children suffer if there is a God.

Looking forward to more nominations from all. As a reminder:

Starting with this month, we also have some changes in the FP nominations. We are going back to the old format:
    • All members can nominate posts for FP.
    • Posts from “Interesting Shares”, “Just for Fun” and “Community Chit-Chat” do not qualify for FP.

Laks09, Mistt and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Rihana

A mother shared her deepest worries:

Parents of girl children please share your views..how do you navigate through such thoughts if you get any?
    How do you answer stupid judgemental people?
    What should I do as a mom to ensure that my girls are safe?

Almost half the responses to the above questions have been nominated for FP, and no surprise there.

Response by @beautifullife30 in Mother To Two Girls

With examples from her own childhood and experience as a parent, @beautifullife30 has shared how parents can focus on bringing up their children, ignore agenda-driven articles, and how to teach our girls and boys to be strong. Her post has solid advice for a worried parent to snap out of the endless worry cycle.

Response by @nuss in Mother To Two Girls

It is thankfully more and more becoming the norm for parents to not differentiate between sons and daughters. But when we read about parents who managed this a few decades ago, who were strong enough to not care about relatives and their comments and taunts, who give their daughters the most precious gift of education, it is even more inspiring. Thank you nuss for sharing this heartwarming post about your parents with us.

Response by @Viswamitra in Mother To Two Girls

Over the years, I and many parents here have benefitted from the wisdom that Viswa shares with us. I've in particular recalled his posts when dealing with many a teen or young adult issue at home. In this response, Viswa has taken it further and recommended a book "Into the Magic Shop" by Dr James R Doty. Viswa's post itself has insightful suggestions from the book which are worth following while one is yet to read the book.

Response by @SGBV in Mother To Two Girls

SGBV's response draws on the experiences of three generations in her family. Another important thing that she pointed out was that the worry as a parent is there regardless of the child's gender, due to issues like drug abuse, gangs, and armed groups.

Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Rihana

Some questions such as "how many safety pins to use for a saree" have very definite answers. Some other questions like if there is God why is there suffering, does God listen to some people and not to others, are much harder to find answers for. @SuiDhaaga starts threads on both kinds of topics and they bring in very thoughtful responses. Welcome back SuiDhaaga, good to see your threads and posts again.

Response by @beautifullife30 in Upset By A Book I Finished Reading, Broken By Shy Keenan

Once in a while we come across a book, a movie or a video that leaves us speechless yet full of thoughts. Posts by @beautifullife30 almost always come under this category. They inspire, inform and raise the level of hope in the reader's mind. I am really at a loss of words to fully appreciate this response by @beautifullife30. I can only quote the last line of her post:

Never lose faith and never lose hope is my formula in life which i follow.

Response by @Viswamitra in Upset By A Book I Finished Reading, Broken By Shy Keenan
    The question that SuiDhaaga asked has no straightforward answers, but with relatable examples from mythology, Viswa's post has done a pretty good job of providing reasonable meaning and guidance for both believers and non-believers. There are many take-aways in the post. After reading it I thought to myself, when a person wins a lottery they don't ask God, why me?

7. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Hello @Rihana I'm glad to be back!

Rihana likes this.
  8. Rihana

Snippet by @HariLakhera
    Status Anxiety Syndrome

A thought-provoking snippet by @HariLakhera ji on status anxiety that can plague even the most modest of people. Perhaps most of it is needless, and like Hari ji says "Just post and move, view and move, like and move, comment and move. The best part is all this becomes extinct within no time." Just today, there was unusual snowfall in my area, and people were going crazy taking pictures. Like stopping anywhere, driving super slowly, and clicking away pictures. I wonder if they'll look at those pictures again even the next day.

As often, a snippet by Hari ji is like a work of art. Each viewer will go away with their interpretation and it also leads to interesting responses.

Response by @Jayasala42 to the above snippet:
    Status Anxiety Syndrome

I can only say thank you @Jayasala42 Ma'am for sharing your thoughts on status anxiety syndrome. Like Thyagu said in a post there,
    "Kudos to Madam Sister @Jayasala42 for her fantastic thought provoking holistic befitting feed back covering entire gamut of SAS. I thoroughly enjoyed her contemplation gleamed through her feedback."​

Laks09 likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Hello @SuiDhaaga
    I am glad you are kicking back to IL @Rihana . We welcome you with open arms.
    Trust your uncle ok. I presume you hv by now concluded number of safety-pins required to stayput pleats on the saree u draped. Why no poems now-a-days? I presume U hv mastered the tailoring accoutrements & haberdashery. Did you choose to hug real infant-babies offered by fellow IL'ite or the one from Amazon supplies.
    Regards.
    God Bless.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  10. Rihana

:blush: Your guesses are quite close.. was a bit busy with my real life babies who remain babies for ever for their mother. Helping them with haberdashery of resumés and clothes for interviews.

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.