Finest Post Nominations - December 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Dec 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Laks and Viswa for bringing to FP @Srama's eloquent wave to the last two months of the year.
    For That Child In All Of Us!

Reading the snippet took me back to many a classroom from my kid's schools, the cycling class at my YMCA, and this description below reminded me of the blue sky and happy dogs from a 500 piece puzzle we had completed when house-bound at the very start of the pandemic.

The earth below seemed to be basking in the beauty of the sky and the sky above was smiling down at the colors of the earth! Kites were circling around. I had wondered about birds circling and had made a mental note to look it up. The moon in the sky seemed happy as the sun shone on her too on that beautiful fall day. Airplanes were leaving a contrail behind them as if in abandon or was it me just noticing the patterns of those contrails more in the sky. Every house had decided to let their pets out and the dogs were running around, barking, communicating with one another, with the walkers and the bikers on the street. As I continued the walk, inhaling the joyous smell of wood burning in fireplaces and backyards, catching bits and pieces of conversations of neighbors standing across yards and talk about this and that, all I could think of was the joy of the season.

Viswamitra, Srama and Laks09 like this.
  3. Rihana

Totally agree, Mistt. Thank you for nominating DDream's wise and gentle response in
    Anyone Been Through This Type Of Marriage?

"All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." ~ Leo Tolstoy

We react to problems and challenges in our own ways. When faced with a tricky decision, it is best to write our own list of pros and cons. DDream has given OP there suggestions on the simple yet insightful questions to to ask herself to arrive at a conclusion as to what she can live with, put up with.

Mistt and Laks09 like this.
  4. Rihana

Thank you Viji Jaan for nominating this honest reflection by @SGBV
    Self Reflection :)

When our dear SGBV says December is the right time for self reflection to understand our progress through the year, one can trust that it will be a thorough and no excuses examination. There are many important reminders in the snippet that women would do well to remember at all times of the year. It is not right to choose any one of those as the most important, but I feel "Prioritize self" is something almost all women need to constantly improve.

Laks09 likes this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana - As a parent of a DD, you said it best! I didn’t have much to add to your points on Anika’s post. Also commendable is @1Sandhya’s response here My 10 Year Old Wants A Starter Bra…
    Afford her the opportunity is such a quotable quote. I know we fumble along the way and try to do our best in this parenting thing but I’d love to have a wall of such quotes up where I can read it daily!

All moms of girls have experienced these things in abundance. It doesn’t come as a shock to me that this phenomenon is country wide. I hope we can do something about our growing girls and the groupism, jealousy and gossip that starts at that age and continues into adulthood in some form or fashion.

This is another quotable quote from the post. Sometimes we do need to give in to gain a lot. This seems like one such situation.

I’d love to nominate @1Sandhya for FP!

Rihana and nandinimithun like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rihana, Laks09 and nandinimithun like this.
  7. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Thank you aunty, i already feel like a winner, you are always kind and sweet.

Nandini

Rihana, Laks09 and iyerviji like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Because you are sweet

Rihana, Laks09 and nandinimithun like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

nandinimithun and Rihana like this.
  10. Rihana

It's been great to see two snippets from @Srama this month rather than the extremely rare species that they've become. : ) Thank you Viji Jaan for bringing this snippet to FP:
    Doom Scrolling!

One time I was scrolling on my phone reading about how to cut down phone usage. : ) It said the average person scrolls about 890 inches of text daily, or 74 feet. In a year, a regular person would have travelled at least five miles with their thumbs. I looked at my thumb with a very sincere apology.

@Srama's snippet is sure to make all readers a little more aware of their scrolling habits.

Thank you for seconding the nomination, @maalti. A beautiful post indeed.

Not seeing you often in IL, Viji Jaan, but nice to see five nominations already from you this month. Thank you so much.

Snippet by @SGBV:
    The Only Real Certainty About Death Is That We Are All Going To Die.
    A thought-provoking write-up. It is important not only to value life and live it fully while we can. It is also important for us to interact with others such that we are at peace when our dear ones pass away:

After a fight, if others are not ready to apologize, I do that. Because at the end of the day, apologizing is easier than leaving them without a closure.
    None of these things can change someone's death. But it can make the living easy after the death of our loved one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.