Finest Post Nominations - December 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Dec 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My Dear Viji, thank you for the nomination. I read it just after Srama posted it and thought "dang.. wish I was nominating posts.. this would have been a great find." : )

Do You Hear What I Hear? by @Srama

Like I wait for my neighbors to put out their Fourth of July decor, then Halloween and then Christmas, and then the Chinese New Year, I wait for Srama's snippets that herald new seasons and remind us how much our lives are connected to the nature around us. This snippet is like the boxes of holiday chocolates on my living room table. Each time I go to them, I come away with a different kind of Belgian or other chocolate. I have read this snippet a few times -- just to read it and now to write here -- and I come away with the embers of a different memory reignited. The Shubhashitham reminds me of my Sanskrit teacher. The Christmassy decorations remind me of the houses known in my area for their elaborate nativity scenes. On my last read, I came away with "subtle joy and a subdued approach."

Thank you @Srama for the lovely snippet. It was like reading much beloved poems from my Hindi poetry books of 8th and 9th classes.

Srama and iyerviji like this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

Thank you for your nomination. Very sweet of you
    Hope you are well aunty and taking care of your self.

Rihana likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Rihana,

oh my!!! What a lovely response. You have a way with words and my snippet sounds even better with your response. Admirationis mutual. Thank you my friend.

Talking of nativity scenes, there is a house that I want to take a picture of, but it is in the main road and never easy to take. This house displays all white nativity scene complete with a plam tree and a camel and you know the story that runs through my mind when I see this in full snow!! It is nice to see it though.

Thank you for your lovely words Rihana. Much appreicated. Happy New Year!

Rihana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.