Finest Post Nominations - December 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Dec 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Mistt for nominating this excellent post by @hrastro:
    Productivity

HR has shared tips that are each worth making into a sticky. If readers follow even a few of those tips, they will be much more productive. The one that stood out to me was "finish all my cooking and house chores early morning." The days when I follow this, I am always amazed by how much more I am able to get done.

Viswa, first of all, thank you for starting that thread. I was going to respond but my child is home for the holidays and I am realizing each minute just how much I missed them. So that is my excuse/reason for only reading and not yet responding there.

"Like how GPS helps us" is an apt description. I am so glad that HR wrote the two responses and grateful to her for taking the time to do this. Thank you HR @hrastro. Some of those tips are much-needed reminders for me and some are new and worth incorporating into my daily routine.

Viswamitra, hrastro and Mistt like this.
  2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Oh, I understood!!

Rihana likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rih,
    I would like to nominate @Tamrakshar's wonderful gripping narration story of Thriller: The Ultimate Choice as finest post. It is the perfect thriller and he weaved the story with many twists and turns from the beginning to end.

Rihana and Tamrakshar like this.
  5. Rihana

Viji sweetheart, thanks a million for nominating the snippet Money Can Buy Everything Except Happiness-wrong by @HariLakhera ji.

On the surface, the snippet seems to be a gentle commentary on the rising cost of essential commodities and the realities of living on retirement funds and savings. However, as with many of Lakhera ji's snippets, one leaves the snippet with a deeper ponder. This time:
    I am just wondering, how come I was happy with Hazarpati and unhappy with Lakhapati.

Many will agree that the hazarpati times of life were sweeter than the lakhpati!

HariLakhera likes this.
  6. Rihana

Dear Mistt, what a story and what a narration! Thank you for bringing this well-written thriller to FP. Thriller: The Ultimate Choice by @Tamrakshar

I am unable to find the words to do justice to the nominated story. So, quoting your post from the thread:
    @Tamrakshar, really impressive plot, twists, storyline, narration and character development. In addition to all that Mistt has said above, it is remarkable that you completed the story even after the long gap. Wishing you the best for your future writings. I hope you are able to find or make the time that such writing needs, for it is a lot of work.

“Making people believe the unbelievable is no trick; it’s work. … Belief and reader absorption come in the details: An overturned tricycle in the gutter of an abandoned neighborhood can stand for everything. —Stephen King​

Mistt likes this.
  7. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot for nominating my post. It is in spite of the fact that my needs as a senior citizen have come down, except of course medical expenses.

Rihana likes this.
  8. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Rihana and iyerviji like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Srama and Rihana like this.
  10. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Rihana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.