Finest Post Nominations - December 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Dec 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So true, Laks.
    @SuiDhaaga has described it aptly in I ❤️ You Guys. Each thread and the responses leave a mark on us, sometimes without us being immediately aware of it.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank members who start threads. The starter posts are like the thread and needle of IL : ) holding it together, one thread and one stitch at a time. : )

SuiDhaaga and Laks09 like this.
  2. Rihana

Thank you Laks and Metamorphic. The thread by @nuss Learning To Accept That I Can Be Kind And Courteous! deserves to be made a sticky. When you see such examples of conflict or strife proactively nipped by one member taking the initiative and another gracefully acknowledging it, one realizes if more people followed it, we wouldn't have countries at war with each other. And, we wouldn't have such a busy Relationship forum. : )

Thank you @nuss for starting the thread. It truly felt like the holidays when I read it.

Metamorphic and Laks09 like this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    Abhi toh hum jawaan hai! But these days I’m getting called Aunty by adults, styled and colored hair notwithstanding. Perils of having had that baby back then.
    @satchitananda has rightly pointed out that we don’t get to choose!
    Satchi is here after a long time but is here to add splendor to December with her beautiful snippet Aap Kya Bole, Ji?
    It is hilarious and very relatable. My adult child Auntied a friend of mine recently and the myriads of expressions that went through her face said it all.
    I’d love to second the nomination of Satchi for FP for this write up!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Rihana likes this.
  4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima and Laks, thanks ever so much for nominating my post. Really means a lot! <3

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rih ji,
    My second nomination for this month goes to @hrastro's respond in this thread Productivity

Rihana likes this.
  7. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much @Mistt - when I saw that you nominated it, I thought up many more things that I used to follow when my son was going to school - I extended the thread a bit more so that moms could benefit from it.

Productivity

Hope it is helpful ...
    Keep smiling
    HRastro

Mistt and Rihana like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana

I am also here to nominate @hrastro's response Productivity. She continued writing more in another response about how she planned when her son was in the school. It is like how GPS helps us when we are in a remote location.

Rihana, hrastro and Mistt like this.
  9. Rihana

My Dear Viji Meri Jaan, thank you for nominating this lovely snippet by @satchitananda. Laks, I am not surprised that you found yourself seconding the nomination.

As usual, a snippet from Satchi is like reading your own thoughts and feeling "that's exactly what I wanted to say!"

I remember typing an email to a friend when I was going through an India trip. I was cribbing about having to touch the feet of arbitrary folks among the extended relatives of the in-laws. She, not very helpfully, responded, "Well you fell in love, now fall in respect [at their feet]." : )

Respect can be a simple as well as a complex notion. Demonstrating it, expressing it, recognizing it and receiving it, can all be different for each person.

satchitananda likes this.
  10. Rihana

Dear Mistt, as the nominated post is not an original writing, it cannot be considered for FP. It will be moved to the Interesting Shares section soon. I came across versions of it online such as here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.