Finest Post Nominations - August 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Aug 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    When Sabi tells a story, it’s visual. So few of us can write in pictures like she does. And she does so effortlessly. The story of Frankie’s homecoming has everything that makes a good story : Frankie's Journey!

She has woven in the scenery, the people, the emotions and of course Frankie into a beautiful tapestry. Right from finding Frankie to taking him home, I’ve gone through the motions with Sabi’s family.
    I would love to nominate @Srama for FP.

Srama, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We remember our teachers from college in a different way than we remember those from out school years. There's something about college, discovering our life ambitions, wishes and dreams.

Could Have Been Special by @needawayout
    is a gentle revisit to an event from the college years. Nicely narrated and we go away with many ways of looking at what happened and what could have been.

Thank you for nominating this very thoughtful snippet, @iyerviji.

Thyagarajan and needawayout like this.
  3. Rihana

We always wish that OP's who share their problems benefit from the suggestions and come back to give updates. It is nice how @Moonlight89 is sharing her journey and progress. I was struck in particular by how positively she takes even the strongest responses.

Extremely Distressing And Humiliating Behavior By Husband response by @Moonlight89 in her own thread.

Thank you Laks.

Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Rihana

Parenting is a journey, a continuous learning and what worked one day might not work the next. All years are a continuous guessing game, but the child's early teen years can be are the most challenging years.

Excellent suggestions by @candidheart in this response:
    How To Understand My Teen

"Don't forget the focus should be on us, on how we adapt on each situation and handle things to have the outcome we want."
    Well-said. We can't blindly go after the outcome we want. It takes skill adapting to each situation's need, the child's age, the seriousness of the issue, and what else is going on in the household.

candidheart, Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Rihana

That thread brought back so many memories of the times when I put a lot of time, effort or both into a gift and it got almost zero appreciation. We know in our hearts that we should focus on our joy in planning and gifting the item but still it hurts if the recipient does not show enough appreciation.

@beautifullife30's response in
    Varamahalakshmi Bangles -- Returned Back
    nicely sums up how we can cheer up ourselves and also not blame the recipient.

Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Rihana

Me too. I went through all those emotions as well a tiny bit of anxiety at the part where Frankie was left all by herself. : )

I have no idea why but I somehow thought Frankie would join the class at this point:
    After a few minutes, I hear the sound of footsteps and activity and realize that the turtle has come home.

Thank you @Srama for the lovely narration and Laks thank you for bringing it to FP.
    Frankie's Journey!

I can't resist adding this:
    My favorite teacher at school was Mrs. Turtle.
    Strange name, but she tortoise well.​
    :grinning:

Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Laks09 ,

I am so so sorry! Don't know how I missed this - past few days have been a blur, school and all. That is no excuse but feel I should offer!

Thank you dear laks for the nomination and more importantly for always being there! Much love!

Laks09, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Turtle jokes eh, Ms.Ri? You are welcome to my classroom :) Anxiety is something many of my students feel - so you fit right in!
    Frankie if had joined my class would have seen my "kurmasana" and nodded her head in disapproval though I believe it might have taken her forever to do that :)

Thank you, my friend for always being there and for your lovely words!

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.