Finest Post Nominations - August 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Aug 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Four nominations in five days.
    That's good going indeed.
    COC cannot distract us!
    Corona, Olympics, Cricket!

Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  3. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    Dear Viswa
    Thank you for your nomination of @DDream 's response to the thread Marriage Is Not Ultimate! My Daughter Says So...

A splendid analysis of what is store for a young girl who is starting her life. It is in tune with what pressures may await her in the early stages of her life. Gone are the days when parents considered getting their daughters married as their paramount dury. Days have undergone a sea change.
    DD's page from her own life is a great pointer. Just read this:
    "If I have not taken that decision, I would have ended up in somebody's kitchen in my native place fighting with PILs or DH (because of frustrations of giving up my dreams)."

Thyagarajan, Laks09 and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Cheeniya sir,
    Reviving and old friendship is such an exhilarating feeling! I’ve had the pleasure to finally get in touch with old friends who’ve been moving back into the area and each phone call has been exciting. Catching up with friends has also meant touching on a lot of pain spots for both parties. Given that life is seldom a bed of roses, it’s a reminder that everyone has a share of hardships in life.
    @Sride penned this post about revived friendship and it’s very relevant for me this month.

The fact that even a forgotten friendship can make one feel a sense of camaraderie is indeed heartening. It’s wonderful to read about worth friendships revived. A beautiful post to nominate for FP!

Mistt and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Cheeniya

@Laks09
    My dear Laks
    I must tell you that the way you nominate a post, it hardly needs to be acknowledged in detail. Your latest nomination of A Friendship Revived by @Sride is one such classic.
    I have a collection of friendships stories and I have always longed for such enduring friendships. The following is one such that is about the friendship of Helen Keller and Mark Twain.
    When these two met, Twain was in his late fifties and Keller was just 14—the same age as Twain's youngest daughter. In the late 1890s, writer Laurence Hutton was hosting Keller—who was still a student at the Wrist-Humason School for the Deaf—at his home one afternoon when Mark Twain and his good friend William Dean Howells arrived. Keller described the experience in a letter to her mother afterwards, writing, “The two authors were very gentle and kind ... Mr. Clemens told us many entertaining stories and made us laugh till we cried.” Twain felt the same way about her: In 1901, he described Keller as the “eighth wonder of the world.”
    Sri

Despite their age difference, they became friends and remained so for about 15 years. They exchanged many letters and always spoke highly of each other. In 1903, Twain sent Keller a letter, praising her autobiography The Story of My Life, and signing off with “Every lovingly your friend [sic], Mark.”

Laks09, Mistt and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

The beauty of friendship is beyond the disabilities like blindness & deafness!

Laks09 likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hello viji Mam,
    Thank you so much for your appreciation and encouragement,and sparing your valuable time to read post.Its all because of your blessings,I am here.
    Be Happy and Healthy
    Regards
    Ratna

iyerviji, Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  9. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of My New Normal Life by @RatnaMalliswari
    Very interesting guidelines for combating the ravaging Covid.
    A well narrated piece about Ratna's journey through the pandemic days and how it has changed her lifestyle.
    Ratna is already an evolving poet. Now she proves here her interest in snippets.
    I am sure we will see a lot more of her participation in the coming months than during the eight years of her joining IL.
    Sri

10. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hello sir
    Thank you so much for your encouragement,i will do my best to keep up.
    Regards
    Ratna

Laks09 and iyerviji like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.