Finest Post Nominations - April 2023

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Mar 31, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear all
    We are entering the last week of April and the number of nominations is alarmingly low. We must end the month with a reasonable number of nominations. I look upon you all to scout around for interesting posts to nominate. My request specially goes to @iyerviji @Viswamitra @Thyagarajan
    @Laks09

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Sir. I shall endeavour. I presume under present conditions there is no restriction for nominating posts that were nominated but posted in months prior to April 2023.
    Regards.

3. Thyagarajan

This is to correct a sentence in my preceding post. Read it as " ...but not nominated...."

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I am here to nominate @HariLakhera Sir's thread Change for the finest thread. Most of his threads are highly researched, contemplated and written skillfully. I enjoy reading all of his threads here in IL.

Rihana and HariLakhera like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I am here to nominate @sweety127's thread A Major Vent. She called it a vent but it is a serious matter that requires clear strategy how to protect her daughter. She is right in her reactions but it is unfortunate, she is not getting enough support from her husband. Most of the time, when relatives (especially another child) is involved, the tendency is to sweep under the rug. The parents have every right to protect their children whatever they deem appropriate. The least that should happen is an open dialogue recognizing what happened and both families agreeing to prevent such event in future. A child will not be able to confront or defend herself and what she did already is brave.

Rihana likes this.
  6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Cheeniya sir,
    Thank you for the tag. I had earmarked a post last month for your attention and completely forgot to bring it here. I would love to present this post Over Critical Parenting by @Rihana to you.
    Rihana always knows what to say. She has a way with words. She also has a lot of practical suggestions. All of her posts in the said thread are nomination worthy but I decided to bring one here.
    So important and something we often overlook!

This is such a smart idea. Why didn’t you give me this input years ago?

Parenting is hard. It’s harder to parent when we both parents are not on the same page. Rihana’s posts gives the OP tips on navigating the DH’s stance while also being supportive of the child. I’d love to nominate her for FP!

(p.s I know Rihana probably is not going to be considered for the FP, but this post cannot go without a nomination. It’s very useful for a lot of people not just the OP)

Rihana and Mistt like this.
  7. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Many thanks, Shri Viswa. It is nowhere near to your so deeply thoughtful snippets.

Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
  8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Thyagarajan
    My dear Thyagu
    There is no restriction at all. Please go ahead!

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

A Major Vent
    This all embracing sensitive and serious response cum advise #18 from @DDream
    Deserves to be an FP for this April, 23.

Rihana likes this.
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I always consider most of Rihana’s advices as finest post even though she is the one chooses the best finest post of every month. I’m here to nominate @Rihana adivice (post#13) in this thread I Am Quitting My Job..

Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.